New to working out!

Options
Hello everyone!

I am new to working out/exercising. Since I graduated in 2008, I have become less active with my behind a desk job, compared to playing basketball, soccer and just outside work at home during "the school years". I was wondering what would be good exercises to do at home in the mornings before i go to work at 615am. I dont have any weights or DVD programs, I still am active with my horses and the normal work around the barn,and I'm not huge, but I need help getting rid of some extra weight around my tummy and love handle areas!

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share!

Thank You!!!!!!
:happy: - Sarah

Replies

• mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but my doctor recently told me that skipping/jumping rope for 5 minutes is like running 3 miles! Worth a try :) Good luck and let us know what you do and how you're doing!

April
    mitts1970
  • Sarahf08
    Sarahf08 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion! After work I think I'll go buy a jump rope and see how it works :)
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    hi sarah,

lots of different way's to workout depending on your goal, but luckily for you there are some great people on here who can help you out, feel free to add me if your looking for friends....

but good luck on your training anyway....
  • rachael_ann
    Options
    if you want to remove extra weight think anything cardio wise.
    skipping would work well but make sure to vary it up.
    Get a step or a box do use to do steps on. or try jogging on the spot even while watching the morning news?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Think back to elementary and jr. high school days. Good old calisthenics! Jumping jacks, running in place, windmills, push-ups, jumping rope, burpees, sit-ups, lunges, squats, shadow boxing. No equipment needed!

The key is to do them high-intensity with little or no rest. Anything that gets you bending, jumping, swinging, twisting, kicking or punching. Good luck.
  • Healthy225
    Options
    Depending on where you are and what you have for cable i know that comcast has great 20 minute arobic excersises on demand for free and quite a variety.
  • Sarahf08
    Sarahf08 Posts: 6
    Options
    If I wore like ankle weights while do any of these exercises, would that help?