help, new tattoo

Options
Last night I got more ink added to my side/back piece. Before exercise wasn't a problem because well, I didn't do it. But now, I was wondering if there was anyway I could still get some in.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Lots of A&D, loose clothes, and clean clean clean.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I want one on the inside of my ankle, but am also worried about this affecting my workouts.. what do you suggest? Socks/shoes may be an issue, right?
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I would say make it light. Nothing that will make you sweat too much. Last think you want are little rivers of bacteria running down your back!
  • devbabexo
    devbabexo Posts: 16
    Options
    I want one on the inside of my ankle, but am also worried about this affecting my workouts.. what do you suggest? Socks/shoes may be an issue, right?

yeah, that would definitely be an issue. good luck with the tattoo as well, oh god that would hurt!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You can't post about tats without pics,,,,, what is wrong with you. :smile:
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In my experience, for the first few days, A&D Ointment, enough to keep it moist - not saturated - is necessary. Some folks have reactions to the A&D so polysporin is a good alternative. (and available in much smaller packaging so you can take it places with you). For the first day or two (which may have already passed - I failed to look at the original post date) stretching the skin where you got the tattoo may be uncomfortable. I'm not sure if you can damage it by stretching it UNLESS you allow it to scab and then pull those loose. It should never scab if you're caring for it properly. Once you get to the fourth or fifth day you can stop the A&D / polysporin and then your only concern should be discomfort if any exists.

FYI: I got new ink on the inside of my right forearm about five weeks ago. It obviously doesn't move/stretch as much as back and side during exercise, but it does constantly move and I sweat heavily (sorry to be gross). I had no issues. Good luck!!! (you know you gotta post pics of all new ink, right?)
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Definately put some a&d on to protect it from sweat, and dont over-do it. Maybe try walking or light weights that isnt high impact
  • devbabexo
    Options
    SORRY!
    2gwxky1.jpg
    the new part is that color. the stars and words have been done for months now.
  • devbabexo
    Options
    SORRY!
    2gwxky1.jpg
    the new part is that color. the stars and words have been done for months now.
    idk how to make the picture work :(
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options

That may be a small issue..when I had mine done-on the outside of lower leg-just above ankle..it was sore and a little painful while walking for a couple of days. Good Luck..and I would try to not let alot of sweat on it.
  • jswitaj
    jswitaj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested to know how I can continue to workout after I get a new tattoo. Looking to get some new ink in the next few weeks.
  • devbabexo
    Options
    I'm also interested to know how I can continue to workout after I get a new tattoo. Looking to get some new ink in the next few weeks.
    i'm considering just a fast paced walk on the treadmill with a very steep incline.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    2gwxky1.jpg
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As long as you clean it after working out I don't see a problem with continuing your workouts. Be sure and use an antibacterial soap. I just used antibacterial hand soap to clean mine and then kept it moist with fragrance free clear petroleum jelly.