Reasonable Goal?

Options
What is a reasonable time-line for losing body fat %age? I'm at 33% right now, and my ultimate goal is 20%. But what would be good goal date for reaching 28%? Just 5% less...Weeks? Months? I have no idea!! Any input would be appreciated!!

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What is a reasonable time-line for losing body fat %age? I'm at 33% right now, and my ultimate goal is 20%. But what would be good goal date for reaching 28%? Just 5% less...Weeks? Months? I have no idea!! Any input would be appreciated!!
  • bethany169
    Options
    In about 15 months, I went from 34% to 18%. I did it the healthy way, through diet and exercise, but it took a TON of exercise. And I was pretty muscular to start with so I ended up losing about 40 pounds of fat. The first 5% or so should come off fairly quickly if you work at it--IMHO, I would think 2-3 months would be a good goal time for 5%.
  • nursedebra2000
    Options
    You do not have much to lose, so to keep it off and be consistent, stick with 1 pound per week - that is the healthest way to do and you will not feel like you are starving yourself - this site sets you up with caloric intake for 1 pound per week - if it is not working for you, you can always change it.
    Remember, you will lose a couple of pounds fast, though - that is ONLY water weight and will come back on quick if you are not consistent!