HCG and VLCD Diet

Options
Hello, I am new to MyFitnessPal and have just started the HCG drops and the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) -- 500 calories per day. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences and results on this diet. Also, please share any ideas for meals on the VLCD.
-JcMOdude
Jefferson City, MO

Replies

• dianna29
    dianna29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my co-worker's just did the same diet and was extremely successful - but 500 calories a day?? really?? I personally could not function on such a low calorie diet - but You can do it if you put your mind to it. I will say tho she has put some of the weight back on and then had to repeat the diet a couple of times to come back down. It's not a permanant weight loss solution - It's a lifestyle change - Just make the best choices you can and concentrate on portion control to maintain.. Good Luck - I hope you get to your goal weight.
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm a bit naive I think.... what are HCG drops? And has a doctor recommended the VLCD? 500 calories a day doesn't seem healthy - seems very low.... I'm probably wrong, but concerned!

April
    mitts1970
  • stojo12
    stojo12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have completed 4 rounds of HcG. I maintained 6 months between each round. I just finished my fourth and feel it is now up to me to finish it out. I would still like to lose 10-15 pounds. That's why I'm excited to find this tool. The best advise I can give you is DO NOT CHEAT!! I precooked and froze several meals in advance so it was ready to go. There is a cook book you can get online that has some good receipes. If you would like, I can email you my favorites. Good luck! Joy
  • Toniteach
    Toniteach Posts: 12
    Options
    I am on a VLCD, and transitioning to food. My diet is medically supervised through a hospital. My caloric intake on phase one was 8-900 calories daily. I think 500 is dangerous.

Good luck!