Lunch help!

Options
I got to work today and remembered that I left my lunch on the table! ugh! Now I'll have to hit the fast food places or run into the store for something quick.

Any suggestions on what I could get? I will be working out hard today, so it doesn't need to be a side salad...I'd never get thru 5 minutes of a workout on that. Say around 5-600 calories (can be split into 2 meals since I've been doing the smaller meals every 2 hours thing). Just want something healthy and will keep me going instead of crashing come 5pm - you know?

Replies

• lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got to work today and remembered that I left my lunch on the table! ugh! Now I'll have to hit the fast food places or run into the store for something quick.

Any suggestions on what I could get? I will be working out hard today, so it doesn't need to be a side salad...I'd never get thru 5 minutes of a workout on that. Say around 5-600 calories (can be split into 2 meals since I've been doing the smaller meals every 2 hours thing). Just want something healthy and will keep me going instead of crashing come 5pm - you know?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    BK Tendergrill with no mayo is pretty good - I usually get the apple fries and caramel with it.
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    What about Subway? They tend to have wheat bread and lots of veggies! Yum!
  • lcmartin
    Options
    BK Tendergrill with no mayo is pretty good - I usually get the apple fries and caramel with it.

What's a tendergrill? Is that chicken? That sounds good.
  • lcmartin
    Options
    What about Subway? They tend to have wheat bread and lots of veggies! Yum!

I love Subway, but I just had it yesterday...so I don't want to get burnt out - you know?
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Wendy's grilled chicken wraps, with low fat Ranch dressing. They have good sides to choose from too!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Tendergrill is just broiled chicken, no additives to it. It is a little high in sodium but in a pinch, it works.

Enjoy!!!
  • racie3
    racie3 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think you can build your meal on Wendy's website, so that way you would know exactly what to get before you get there and are tempted.... Enjoy! :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    chick fila - chargrilled chicken on wheat bread sooooo good it is only pickles,chicken,bun, lettuce and tomatoe super yummy= 270 calories

or you could have one of there grilled chicken salads- they are 500 calories
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili is very filling, high in protein and fiber and pretty low iin calories. (I think it's under 200). Plus, it's getting colder out and chili just sounds good. :smile: :
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    any kind of grilled chicken sanswich with no mayo works for me when I do that :)
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I really like Wendy's chili. It's really yummy and not to many calories.