American Idol-Jacob Lusk

Options
awelch79
awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
Ok-I love AI, but I really dont understand what it is about Jacob Lusk that everyone goes crazy over. I absolutely LOVE his personality, but Im not in love with his voice and everyone else adores it. Steven ran up on stage last week....I dont get it!
Someone explain it to me! :huh:

Replies

• SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    I completely agree with you!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I also love American Idol, but it is no longer a singing contest, it's a popularity contest. America doesn't care about their voices anymore, and really never did. If they have a bubbly outgoing personality with a good sob story, they will make it far.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I think he has a very gospel-influenced singing voice and that appeals to lots of the viewers...
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    I agree - I like him too, just don't like when he gets "screechy" - it's too much for me. But I would imagine that the it's the feeling and power in his voice and performances that people really like. :)
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    As far as vocal ability, Jacob does have a fantastic instrument and he uses it well. He is rarely "pitchy" (especially compared to Naima!), has a tremendous range, great phrasing and good use of dynamics. That being said, if you don't like the tone of his voice, none of that matters.

I do think that the quality of vocal ability and musicianship is much better this year than it has been in recent years. But America will still vote for who they "like" as opposed who is the most talented. We can thank the media and marketing executives for that!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    agree too, Although this week was good, the last couple of weeks I dont think he sang particularly in tune.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I think it's the Fantastia Effect...He sounds like her. Big loud voice. He's okay...but I don't think he should win. He will show his weakness soon..When he can't sing super loud songs any more.
  • vfinn
    vfinn Posts: 16
    Options
    me too he is good but not that good. there are so many good singers this year
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    I think it's the Fantastia Effect...He sounds like her. Big loud voice. He's okay...but I don't think he should win. He will show his weakness soon..When he can't sing super loud songs any more.

haha and low and behold who did they have on this week, I actually forgot what an irritating singer she is, but blummy blimmy she's tall or is it just Ryan is so short lol