Water and overeating

Options
Does anyone else have this problem: Drink lots of water and then end up eating more food than usual. I thought water was supposed to keep me full! Is this really happening, or is my mind playing tricks on me because I really don't enjoy drinking water?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've never seen water make me less hungry!

I have seen some doctors report that drinking a lot of water WITH a meal can allow people to eat MORE! How can that be?

Well, many of us had or have had a bad habit of eating really rapidly, taking bites that are somewhat larger than polite dinner manners would allow, etc. If we're cramming our mouths full of food with each bite, water (or any beverage) helps those 'beyond human' quantities we're shoveling in go down without choking us.

So interestingly enough, water with meals (or excessive amounts of any beverage) can facilitate overeating in some people.
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Water actually does make me less hungry. Whenever i'm eating, I always have a large glass of water with my meal and this helps me to get fuller quicker. Also, if i'm hungry late at night, I will drink some water and eat a piece of fruit. This works for me but of course, everyone is different.:smile: