frustrated

Options
Well, I have been diligently tracking my food and exercise for 78 days now. I feel great and have lost 4 inches in my waist, but cant seem to budge to loose more than 7 pounds. Each day when I finish logging in and it says " in 5 weeks, you could weigh X pounds". Well, its been way more than 5 weeks and i am not at X pounds! Yes, I am thankful I am healthy and fit and gained TONS of muscle, but will I ever be able to loose the pounds? Is it my age (37) or the fact that I am at a healthy weight and it is really hard to loose more weight?HELP

Replies

• hotelsierra
    Options
    If your losing inches and not lbs. then your losing fat but gaining muscle. Muscle is much denser than fat.

not to mention the more muscle you aqcuire the higher it will push your metabolism- muscle needs more fuel (calories) than fat. I don't use a scale anymore because i ran into the same problem....now, I track my body fat % its much more accurate.
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    It's probably the fact that you're gaining so much muscle. Don't worry so much about the weight, be happy with the inches and improved health! The weight will start to come off more and more as you keep going.
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! It's very frustrating. My doctor says I MUST be doing something wrong...missing some calories somewhere, not getting enough protein, not drinking enough water. I honestly don't know what to tell you, but that it happens to a lot of us...unfortunately.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may have hit some sort of plateau? I'm not sure how much you are trying to lose and what is a healthy weight for you but if you're finding it's not coming off the way you would like. Think about switching it up a bit. That is what I am doing this week because I haven't lost in 3 weeks. I am doing a cleanse and also going to switch up my exercise. When your body gets used to a routine sometimes it thinks it's the status quo and just needs to stay the same, but if you shake it up a bit, try a new exercise, push yourself harder or switch some things up in your eating habits (ie up your water, add more fresh veg remove more processed type foods etc) it may help? Just some thoughts, again I don't know what you have tried etc but I hope this helps in some way!
    Also, another thing I am really trying to focus on is how my clothes fit and my measurements instead of the scale. Because I am doing weight training/circuit training I know I am building muscle which can sometimes throw off the scale but it can't fool the measuring tape!

Good luck! =)

:flowerforyou:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been diligently tracking my food and exercise for 78 days now. I feel great and have lost 4 inches in my waist, but cant seem to budge to loose more than 7 pounds. Each day when I finish logging in and it says " in 5 weeks, you could weigh X pounds". Well, its been way more than 5 weeks and i am not at X pounds! Yes, I am thankful I am healthy and fit and gained TONS of muscle, but will I ever be able to loose the pounds? Is it my age (37) or the fact that I am at a healthy weight and it is really hard to loose more weight?HELP

I am EXACTLY the same! I am a healthy weight and my percentages of fat and muscle and water are all in the normal healthy range but I just wanted to lose the 13 pounds I gained and it just won't come off despite every effort! I have decided to "take a break" from the crazy calorie counting and focus soley on eating right and exercising and see what happens. I lost 90lbs several years ago and I have been very active and healthy since then, except for the 13 pound gain (some of which is muscle). I just feel it's time I relax.
  • zimagal24
    Options
    thanks for the advise, it is what I have been trying to tell myself. I just dont understand why I have to work so hard eating super healthy, count calories, eat protein, exercise twice a day every day of the week and still no pounds! Makes no sense to me. Yes, my clothes fit better, yes, my muscles are toning, but COME ON, 8 more pounds is all I am asking. I did switch my exercise this week to some more challenging things. I think once summer comes, i will quit counting and just live a healthy life. Maybe a cleanse will kick me a few pounds... how does that work? what do I eat to keep in my calories/exercise?