??excercises for burning belly fat??

Options
Does anyone know of any good excersises for moving that belly fat?

Replies

• sharondaley
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good excersises for moving that belly fat?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    yoga/pilates....always keep your belly tight when doing any type of exercises.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Cardio and strength training...and those breded crunches.
    Healthy eatting and water.
  • AshWilson
    AshWilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Running is always great. And if you're not a fan of running, try an ellipticle trainer! Up and down movements really help to tighten and tone your belly. And I have to agree with the crunches.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Running is always great. And if you're not a fan of running, try an ellipticle trainer! Up and down movements really help to tighten and tone your belly. And I have to agree with the crunches.

no holding on though - won't work your belly that way :smile:
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Pilates is the BEST for tummy fat. At least it's proven to be that way for me. I only have to do it for a week and it shows almost immediate results. I, however, lost the DVD that I had and can't remember what it was called. I recently purchased one from Target that SUCKS. Does anyone know of any good Pilates DVDs?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Toning your abs is great, but you have to do stuff to burn calories and lose fat, unfortunately you can't chose where your body will lose fat at first. If you are like me my body seems to works from the out side in. I first notice my weight lose in my hands and face, then my calves, then my knees and fore arms then my thighs and boobs and then if I have stuck with it long enough my mid-section starts to shrink. I recommend a good mixture of cardio and toning exercises. I try to alternate them every other day.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I do Windsor Pilates. Or I should say I have. I'm stuck on the Biggest Loser videos right now. I did enjoy the Pilates though.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Running and walking is great for burning that belly fat. Yoga and pilates also work great. You pretty much have to workout your whole body and you'll see the fat start coming off everywhere! I've barely been doing "ab work" and my stomach has flattened so much, it's amazing! Good luck!

:heart: Kels
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Abs Diet. I've heard some good things about it before. Don't know if it works but the nutrition information is educational and there are some good exercises in it as well.

I try not to do any one diet but glean the good information from all the different ones to creat a healthy lifestyle.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Nothing will spot-reduce fat. Fat will come off a generally uniform fashion, but you may see a reduction first in the last place you gain. A caloric deficit will reduce your body fat, and sit ups and weighted abdominal work will cause an increase in the muscularity of your abdominal region. However, you have to lose body fat to see definition in your midsection. The quote I like is: "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym." :smile:
  • sharondaley
    Options
    Thanks guys !!

Lots of great suggestions.

x x
  • MMMom2008
    Options
    The DVD I have for Pilates is great and focusses on weight loss. Its called Pilates conditioning for weight loss by the company GAIAM. It is 60 min long...good luck. I love it.
  • MMMom2008
    Options
    I do Windsor Pilates. Or I should say I have. I'm stuck on the Biggest Loser videos right now. I did enjoy the Pilates though.

What biggest Loser videos r u doing? Which one is the best?
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    where can you find the biggest loser workouts?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    where can you find the biggest loser workouts?

I don't have any but I saw them on Amazon.com They usually have a thing where if you spend more than $25 you get free shipping
  • AshWilson
    AshWilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haha, nope! Holding on isn't good. I prefer to use my arms. Haha.
  • sharondaley
    Options
    The DVD I have for Pilates is great and focusses on weight loss. Its called Pilates conditioning for weight loss by the company GAIAM. It is 60 min long...good luck. I love it.

Thank you I shall certainly look out for this title.

Sharon. x
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you have to loose weight for the abs and hips to look better. And overall body stregthening, incorporate yoga and pilates and weights and continue to eat right, you will get results.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    biggest loser videos at best buy about $12-$14biggest loser cardio max is awesome/levels 1,2 and 3
    really great work out