HRM

Options
I have Sportline S12 12 Function ECG Heart Rate Watch . Its driving me crazy!!! yes i read the instructions but for some reason i am still having a hard time with it. For example, at the end of a 3mile run my HRM says i burned 130 calories...impossible!!! am i setting up the HRM wrong? I dont even know what kind of questions to ask, i am so confused!!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Does it have a chest strap?
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I had a Sportline for a few weeks, they're terrible! I bit the bullet and bought a Polar instead, MUCH better.
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I was having the same problem with Sportsline. I bought one when I thought my Polar wasn't working anymore. I wore them both a couple of times just to gauge the difference and the Sportsline always had me burning 100-200 calories less than the Polar. I stick with the Polar one exclusively. I was riding my bike for about 15 miles on rugged terrain and Sportsline would only record like 400-500 burned when the Polar was up around 600-700. My heart was pounding too, so I felt like I was burning the higher amount. Good luck figuring it out.
  • rubyrider
    rubyrider Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Spend the extra money and buy a good name one - Polar, Garmin, etc. They are worth it. My Garmin is pretty accurate in both HR and calories burned. This is one of those things were you get what you pay for.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405CX HRM, and when I run (4.5-5.2 mph on treadmill), I seem to average about 10 cals per minute burned. So for 3 miles I'm around 320-400 depending on my speed....
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Does it have a chest strap?

no strap
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine has it but i guess its a different one because hers came with a strap. but i guess im going to have to invest in a better one...i keep hearing garmin and polar so we shall c...thanks everyone
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Return it and get the one with the Chest Strap. I had no problems with the Sportsline brand with using the HRM w/ the chest strap. I actually got the 25.00 one where you had to press the button to always update your HR. Than my husband decided to get into better shape and got the HRM w/ the chest strap (but than I took it from him since he hardly used it after he got it! lol).

Now I will not workout unless I have my chest strap on because I don't have to worry about updating my HR. There are times where i misplace it and will tear my house apart to find it! LOL
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had a sportline one no chest strap - used it one time on my treadmill and returned it and found a reebok one with chest strap on clearance for $35 down from $80 so i jumped all over that - its works like a charm!