Figuring food

Options
Hanna82
Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
I used to base my food consumption decisions on the amount of food I could get for the lowest price. Now I base my food on how much I can eat based on my allowed calories. My wallet is surely paying the price.

Replies

• TanyaH321
    TanyaH321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh, tell me about it. I was just thinking the same thing the other day. It costs more now to eat than before. It's frustrating at times. I used to could eat so cheap but so badly.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That's the thing - eating healthy is expensive. That is part of the problem with obesity in north america. For the price of a couple of apples, you can buy a cheese burger meal (fries, burger and a coke) It just doesn't seem right!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    True--I spent almost $5 for a spaghetti squash the other day and almost fell over dead!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yall are preaching to the choir!!Feeling your pain!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this post but in the long run the healther food is much cheaper than paying for prescriptions for high cholesterol and high blood pressure and for other medical costs associated with obesity. So as the grocery bill goes up, know that your future health risks are certainly going down! :) Hope that helps a bit.