Losing weight is hard work.

Options
I have an 18 month old daughter and I have got to get in shape for her. She deserves a mommy with lots of energy to play with her and chase after her...and I want to be around for a long time for her.

I am not very motivated to exercise. Hoping this site will help me get on track and stay on track.

Replies

• 2ndHalf
    2ndHalf Posts: 15
    Options
    It helps me. Good LUCK!!!!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love this site. It has hepled me so much!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is great for keeping me accountable for what I eat. Esp with the android app I have no excuse not to know exactly what I am eating coloriewise.

I am not a big fan of exercising....I try to find something I have fun at right now. As I get into a better routine I find it gets easier but I still struggle with finding time. I have a 7 YO and a 7 month old! The baby still gets me up several times a night so I also suffer from sleep deprivation most days as I also work m-f 8 to 5. So after getting up 3 or 4 times a night then up at 6 to get ready for work, kids off to school, day care, by the time we get home at night it is 6 pm then its dinner, homework, baths, bed. By the time I sit down it is 8 pm. I am exhausted.

I do have a wii fit plus we got a couple months ago that is fun and entertaining. I am lucky enough to live close to mywork so at lunch I will come home and squeeze in 30 to 45 min of something, be it wii fit or a walk. Sometimes in the evening I may squeeze in a little more.

For now this is what I can do. Eventually I will need to step it up and hopefully by then the baby will be past the wake up several times a night phase!
  • ndking21
    ndking21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that statement. I've been yo-yoing with my weight for the past 3 years. It's to the point when I don't even tell people when I start again because they are like "oh your dieting again" or "you've been dieting since I've known you". I'm hoping this time i can get in a groove and stay in it. I love this site and it has helped me realize a lot what I am actually putting in my body.
  • JeffK627
    JeffK627 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's work, but it should never become torture. Start out slow with things like walking and follow your calorie amount here on MFP. Cut out junk foods and sugary processed snacks in favor of fresh fruits and other unprocessed foods. Switch from soda to water and juices (100% juice with no sugar or corn syrup added). Don't try to do it all at once, replace one "bad" food a week with a good food. Before you know it you'll be eating right, losing weight and feeling like you haven't given up a thing!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is that the more you exercise, the less it seems like work. The hard work is trying to fit it into your life. Once you have it scheduled and get in the habit of doing it, it actually gets easy. You can do this!