Zumba for the Wii

Options
So last night I went to Wal-mart and got the Wii Zumba.

First and foremost I would like to express that Wii games are absolutely EXPENSIVE! UUGgghh!

But... I got home and popped it in. My daughter ((2 years old)) got excited and wanted to do it with me. I gave her a Wii controller ((took the batteries out)) and set her up as well in the living room. Which made my dog ((3 month old Great Dane-- and already up to my waist in height)) come over and sniff to be in the way.

I set my profile up... while my daughter is so excited she is constantly saying "Ma! Mom! Mommy! Ma look!" -- while flipping all over the floor.

I get everything ready and start my first tutorial.

3 mintues into it I get tangled up with my daughter... my dog is going crazy jumping everywhere and somehow gets wrapped up with us. And all three of us hit the floor.

Soo after 3 mintues I had a bruised knee. My daughter a busted lip. And a dog that hid behind the couch for 10 minutes.

Needless to say "We had a blast!"

WooHoo!

Replies

• jennmom2three
    Options
    lol!!! Sounds like my house, however I've not gotten the zumba for the wii yet. I want it, just having trouble finding someone that has it in stock around here!! Good luck!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Lol .... My daughter bought that one, I haven't tried it yet. But at same time she got Just Dance which we do together a lot and that one is really a blast.
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    Lol .... My daughter bought that one, I haven't tried it yet. But at same time she got Just Dance which we do together a lot and that one is really a blast.

I have been wanting to try just dance! I heard it was fun.
  • aaliyahrose
    Options
    This story sounds ABSOLUTELY familiar... I have a 2 year old that loves to Zumba and exercise with me. I accidently hit her in the eye with my hand that held the wii remote.... I didn't realize she was as close as she was. I asked if she was ok, I felt ssssooooo bad. She was fine, but I definetly will Zumba by myself next time. It was fun while it lasted : )
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my son is 2 and is constantly getting in the way when I do Zumba. He likes to try and do it too, but also feels the need to put his lawn mower (among other toys) in the path of my already clumsy feet. I've almost hit the floor lots of times! :) I agree, the Wii games are expensive, but still less than the Zumba DVD's.
  • kido
    kido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that story. Brought back memories when my kiddo was 2. Y'all will have lots of fun with that.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have a 1 1/2 year old pit bull that I have to lock out of the room while I'm working out.. otherwise she seems to think I'm playing with her... ;o)
    I gave Zumba for the Wii a try and only used it 2 times. I ended up selling mine on ebay. I just don't have enough coordination to do the moves!
  • opiewan77
    opiewan77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think i might get zumba for the Wii soon, I've heard a new one coming out in the UK soon. I'm doing well on Wii fit plus at the mo- rhythm king fu is awesome!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Dont have a wii but tried to do abdominal pilates yesterday with a bull dog and a dalmatian in the room, needless to say my face is thoughourly clean and I cant tell you how many balls and toys were dropped on my head. So why didn't I just get up and put them out??? Well the DVD program was going, oh yeah I foget you can put it on pause--this was definitely a DUH moment yesterday.:huh: :blushing:
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have this and love it and I may not be the most coordinated but its fun and I sweat - I tend to put the remote in my pocket though. I am not too worried about score but actually doing the excercises.....
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Ha I can so see this happening to me!!!

And agreed about Wii games...although Wii games are less than Xbox 360 games---those things are $60 new.
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    Ha I can so see this happening to me!!!

And agreed about Wii games...although Wii games are less than Xbox 360 games---those things are $60 new.

We had an Xbox but someone broke into my apartment and stole it... along with my tv and computer and laptop. They cleaned me out. That is why I have a Wii now! I hated buying games for the Xbox. I still cringe when I buy Wii games. They really have to have my attention for me to buy them. I usually borrow from friends LOL! Playstation 3? pppfffhhh... not in a million years! I am way too broke to even look at a playstation 3-- let alone touch it LOL!
  • traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Country (Just) Dance for the Wii from WalMart. It was due to be released today so I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in my mailbox.
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Country (Just) Dance for the Wii from WalMart. It was due to be released today so I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in my mailbox.

let me know how you make out, im looking for fun wii games
  • jpez01
    jpez01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got the Zumba for Kinect for Christmas.... LOVE IT!!! So much fun, and no wires!!! But then again, I dont have any small people trying to shake it up next to me, or a dog that wonders whats going on......

I really work up a sweat trying to get to the next level, I wonder if it can be played online????
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol, this story sounds so familiar!! I have wondered many times if it is more of a calorie burn doing Wii while dodging kids, toys, and other safety hazards!!
  • weezielesa
    Options
    I remember those days when my children where still at home. However I do have a dog that loves to join in. LOL I bought the Wii Zumba then returned it and joined a class at the local gym. I LOVE ZUMBA!!
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Zumba for the Wii, Wii is so much fun :-) That is a funny story, love it!!
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I FEEL THE SAME WAY :ohwell: My 9 year old daughter is fine :tongue: she actually does the exercises with me. I tried INSANITY and it worked us out but my 10-month old would get in the way and I would have to stop every 2 minutes.

I ordered the Brazilina Butt Lift so I should be getting it in the mail within the next week. Maybe its not as instense as INSANITY & more fun.

I thought about the Zumba for the WII, how is it?
  • momshelpingothers
    Options
    That is a very funny story. We have Zumba for Wii too and it's contagious. When I start it, my 9 yo daughter joins in and so does my 5 yo son so yes we have to be very careful as well!!! So much fun though.

Laura
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!