Panera

Options
raas
raas Posts: 3 Member
Help! I'm about to eat lunch at Panera...What are my best low-calorie options? I did their nutritional menu selection on-line, and thought the 1/2 Broccoli Cheese Soup and 1/2 Turkey sandwich was my best option (400 calories total), but has anyone else found anything better/lower calories?

THANKS!

Replies

• brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    you can look stuff up on here in the data base too. Soups got a lot of sodium but if that doesn't bother you than your option is probably decent. I get the low fat chicken noodle and the tuna salad.
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    Black bean soup and a Med Veg on whole grain.... but I don't eat meat! :) The newer recipe for Chicken Noodle is all natural and way better for you than Broccoli Cheddar.

And I am a supervisor at Panera. I am so sick of our food, haha.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    the panera by us has the calories listed on the menu, so you can see what looks good & figure it out from there
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Black bean soup and a Med Veg on whole grain.... but I don't eat meat! :) The newer recipe for Chicken Noodle is all natural and way better for you than Broccoli Cheddar.

this is what I always get!
  • apenabaz
    apenabaz Posts: 7
    Options
    I just had the black bean soup and 1/2 classic salad for 200 cal total!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I usually get the chicken noodle soup and whole wheat baguette
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    The soups have a LOT of sodium but, if that's not an issue for you...I think your options sound great. I love their online meal calculator. My favorite salad there is the BBQ Chopped Chicken salad!
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    Soups do have a lot of sodium, salt is the only preservative Panera uses, that's why all the meats are smoked.
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Help! I'm about to eat lunch at Panera...What are my best low-calorie options? I did their nutritional menu selection on-line, and thought the 1/2 Broccoli Cheese Soup and 1/2 Turkey sandwich was my best option (400 calories total), but has anyone else found anything better/lower calories?

THANKS!

This is what I always get!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i always get the greek salad with feta (190) and the broccoli cheese soup (190) with an apple (90). yum!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I usually do the Pick 2.. black bean soup (or other lowfat selection) and then salad..usually comes in around 340 I believe. They have some other good options as well.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I do eat meat but that Med Veg sandwich doesn't make me miss it at all! So good!!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Panera is my FAVORITE place to eat. At the restaurant , they have the calories listed but on their website, you can find anything and alter it to what you like. It is the best. My favorite is the Thai Chopped Chicken salad. I dont use the salad dressing, just the peanut sauce and its 311 calories. IT IS AMAZING AND SO FILLING. It has edimame and tons of good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!