Nursing mama's doing P90X?

Options
Hi!

I'm still nursing my almost 7 month old son, and I've been flirting with P90x. I've been working out, but I haven't done anything that is as strenuous as P90x. I'm wondering if it will mess with my supply.

Any mamas out there with experience to share?

TIA!
B3tty

Replies

• mcointreau
    Options
    Any sudden fat loss will affect your supply. Make sure you are getting in enough calories by factoring in your feedings. You can actually add breastfeeding in as a food and subtract calories that way to make sure you are OK. Or you can add it the exercise area. Either way, add it in, and figure about 500 calories a day for a 7month old nursing 4-8 times a day. And I am sure your wee one will let you know if she's not satisfied, too -- waking up in the night, etc. But it's easier if you can avoid that to begin with! Good luck :)
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i started my 1st round of p90x when i was still breastfeeding and found that my milk supply got really low. i tried to eat more healthy calories to fuel my milk supply and took supplements that would help increase it but shortly after p90x i couldn't breastfeed anymore. :( i don't think this is the case for everyone but my only advice is to eat enough. best wishes on your p90x journey.
  • mccryssy
    mccryssy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! My little guy is still sleeping pretty well and I'm trying to keep healthy cals going in. So far so good

l appreciate the advice!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also doing p90x and breastfeeding. My little one is 5 months old. I am 4'11 and 152lbs. I was following the nutrition guide and was eating 2400 cals a day......I then realized that I was not loosing much weight and I am now eating 1800. My supply has been fine so far. I try to pump once or twice a day just to make sure my supply does not get low. I will be going into my 9th week on Sunday!!! I cant wait to see my progress at 90 days. I will have much more to go but it is a start. Good luck with p90x!!!!! Bring it!!!
  • mccryssy
    mccryssy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @rjb0802 Good luck to you too!! I'm still in my first week, but I'm so excited. I feel like I'm eating just to be eating now, but I know I'm doing what's best for my little dude.