(hot) yoga challenge

Options
Am thinking of doing a 30 in 30 yoga challenge - hot at least half of those days but so long as something is done daily (even a restorative practice one day a week to let my body recover)...

I have a bikram studio and several other options available to me here in Colorado but DVDs can work too.

Anyone interested?

Would start April 1 and run through the 30th.

I am very motivated to do this and would love the support (and to give it in return) and am curious how 30 days of yoga, primarily hot/bikram yoga, will effect my body inside and out!

LF

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I wish we had a hot yoga studio in my town! One of our studios says "coming soon" so I'm keeping a check on it. Good luck!
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    My studios starting a 40 class in 60 day challenge in the middle of april, so this would be a great way to prepare :) I'm in
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this! my ankles just can't handle practicing every day yet. good luck!
  • MernaDea
    MernaDea Posts: 30
    Options
    OMG! I do this at home "5" days a week come hell or high water!! . I live in the middle of nowhere and created a way for myself to do this with videos. 95-100 degrees and I love 60% humidity.. is my Hot Yoga room.

I do Hot Vinyasa Yoga when my body is healthy..........I had to give up the treadmill last fall and find a healthy workout so I researched and created what I can do here. BUT, my knee injury is so much worse and no longer can workout at all. ( I am allowed 5 mins 1.0 MPH 4 times a day on the treadmill) I am in limbo while waiting for New Orthopedist, and tests.......(Also, I am a few years away from a double hip replacement) Now that is the low down, but I NEVER give up and find a way to workout except now. :cry:

My PT"s believe I am needing Knee surgery (One year ago I had hip surgery) so I am MISSING this to no end. I will live vicariously through you all! :glasses:

Merna :flowerforyou:

Add me as a friend as I am tracking my daily low burns just living and using MFP to keep me on a healthy path. I gained 18 pounds last year after hip surgery and this knee injury that began in Oct. Sighhhhhhhhh......However, I NEVER give up and find a way to stay happy and healthy.
  • namaste62
    namaste62 Posts: 19
    Options
    If in for the challenge, please friend me or explain how I can bookmark this page - am fairly new to MFP and need some tech support!

I am planning on practicing everyday this week but just found out that Friday, the 1st, is a ski day here in Colorado. As such, will plan to start, officially, on Saturday unless I can manage a practice on Friday either before or after my family and I head to the hills for a final ski day this season...

LF