What is your fave pedometer?

Options
clw_888
clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
Sooo....I washed and dried my pedometer with my laundry and it is ruined. I am looking for a new one and would like some recommendations if you have them! I have tried so many different ones in the past that are not very accurate so if you have one that is and that doesn't count steps when you simply move or get up I would love to hear about it~Thank you!

Replies

• gsjpom
    gsjpom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Omron pedometer with Health Management Software. It is Omron HJ-720IT. I purchased from Amazon and it was $32.00. It honestly works! I found it after trying many others--discovered it in a runner's magazine and checked out reviews. Check it out....I've gone through a few--jumped in the pool with one on--lost one--etc. I now keep an extra on hand just in case. It's great.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions, but good topic. I'll definitely be following to see what people recommend. Most of the ones I've tried don't reliably measure my steps. I can walk around the house and it won't count any steps at all. :(
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My phone has a free app with one
  • Shmookalink
    Shmookalink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am currently using a Garmin ForeRunner 50 - not a pedometer but way more accurate IMHO. I have used Google maps to compare the distances and they are nearly identical. It is a footpod/watch combo but not very intrusive.

Tried 2 different GPS watches but got bored waiting for the satellite lock!

Or, as Bootzey mentions, smartphone apps...
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and I absolutely love it... not the least expensive option but worth it for what I was looking for.

Check it out.... www.fitbit.com
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I only use mine for when I run and didn't think it would be too acurate because of the bouncing when you run, but it actually is. Plus, it was one of the cheap $5 ones from walmart. lol. I cross referenced my first few runs with mapmyrun.com to ensure it was accurate. But, like I said, I don't wear it all day, just for runs.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will check out some of these different units. Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone so that won't work for me. I don't mind a pricier option as well because I wear mine CONSTANTLY!!! Keep those suggestions coming if you have some! :)
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use an app on my iphone - I think its great!:bigsmile: