Weigh In...when?

Options
How often do you guys weigh yourselves? I don't wanna become obsesed with the number because I know I've lost inches. I dont have a scale at home and I weigh in every 2 weeks. Is that too long or should I weigh once a week?

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Friday morning , after the bathroom , before my cup of tea!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's your preference. You may see bigger drops if you wait 2 weeks, but you may lose motivation along the way (I can't wait two whole weeks, I must see it at least weekly)

Whatever your choice, do it consistently, and also take your measurements and "before" pictures! You'll wish you had them later if you don't.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I weigh myself every morning. Always have, probably always will. I do an official weigh-in for mfp every few days though.
  • cwitham5345
    cwitham5345 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the morning, once a week
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month or less usually. I don't want the number on the scale to become a definition of my journey. It's not about that. I know when my clothes get tight or get loose. I know when I have more or less energy. I know when I am feeling better or worse in general. Those are all measurements of how well I am taking care of myself.
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday, that way I'm not obsessing too much, not to mention the fact that it helps me stay on track over the weekends :)
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    Every Monday after bathroom and before food.
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday, that way I'm not obsessing too much, not to mention the fact that it helps me stay on track over the weekends :)

That's exactly what I do! :bigsmile:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I started on a Sunday so I weigh in on Sunday morning, 1st thing in the am. OK second thing, but only once a week. I dont know why, but I have always heard only weigh once a week (probably an old weight watches thing) , but anyway I think as long as you are happy and feel good and following what ever plan you have for yourself, you will do great when ever you weigh. The scale is just a number-how do you look, how do you feel????
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh in about twice a week, sometimes 3 times if I need the motivation. Sometimes seeing no change on the scale makes me work harder. I weigh in before the weekend (to see if I can have a cheat meal, ha ha) and on Mondays- or Tuesday if I forget to weigh myself before I eat breakfast :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day. It's one more way that I keep track of how I'm doing day to day. I've always done it - scratch that - the only time I didn't weigh myself daily was when I was in complete denial of my gaining and didn't want to face what the scale had to show me. I live in the real world and know that things like sodium, TOM, etc can cause fluctuations and it doesn't bother me one bit.

That said, I only have one "official" weigh-in per week on Thursday mornings. Why Thursday? Well it's the day I started on MFP so in order to be consistent, I stuck with it.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Friday morning , after the bathroom , before my cup of tea!

Same here (except I am on Wednesday girl)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My trainer tracks my weight and inches lost every two weeks. She says that's a good amount of time to average out any fluctuations for things like water weight gain, TOM for us ladies, etc.

Personally, I weigh myself all the freaking time! :) At least every morning, and somtimes at the time of day my trainer would weigh me to see where I'm at with the 'official' number.
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday am and measure Monday pm right before bed.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    i weigh in once a week. if i weighed in daily the fluctuation in weight i have would discourage me . once a week puts of back on track if i get off so i don't have too much time to mess up but still gives me enough time to see results. i do tuesday around 930
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    every Friday morning "for the record". But I pretty much step on the scale every day to see what's up. My major metric of success however, is my belt! I am currently wearing a belt I could never use just 1 month ago and I am on the second hole!
  • MsWright28
    Options
    Okay so I'm hearing once a week or once every two weeks and alot of everyday lol. Thank you guys for your information and encouraging words. I think I'm going to change up the time I weigh in. I will do mornings instead of night after my workouts and before dinner. Thank you guys.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    once a week on Friday morning. I weigh at the gym, so it is also a good incentive to get out of bed at 5 am on Fridays.
  • becca26699
    becca26699 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that, psychologically, you should do it everyday as it focuses the mind - I never did this by dieting before, but it really works mentally and I've lost over 1.5 stone in the last 3 months!