I've Finally Found Some Flavor!!!

Options
McKayMachina
McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
I'm trying to cut my sodium to <2300 mg/day. That means salting everything isn't an option.

So, I was stocking up on herbs and spices, trying to flavor-inject my bland-tasting healthier foods and I found these little gems:

LwR9c.png

5 calories!

Zero fat!

I just dabbed a bit on my pinky to try them and OH.MY.GOODNESS. They are so tasty! And only about 200mg/sodium per serving (½ tsp.)!

Also, on the sweets front, turns out Truvia is amazing. It's a zero-calorie sweetener. I don't like artificial sweeteners but I am seriously impressed with this one. No strange aftertaste. :)

truvia.jpg

I hope these little tips will help you find some flavor!

Feel free to post tips of your own. :)

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut my sodium to <2300 mg/day. That means salting everything isn't an option.

So, I was stocking up on herbs and spices, trying to flavor-inject my bland-tasting healthier foods and I found these little gems:

LwR9c.png

5 calories!

Zero fat!

I just dabbed a bit on my pinky to try them and OH.MY.GOODNESS. They are so tasty! And only about 200mg/sodium per serving (½ tsp.)!

Also, on the sweets front, turns out Truvia is amazing. It's a zero-calorie sweetener. I don't like artificial sweeteners but I am seriously impressed with this one. No strange aftertaste. :)

truvia.jpg

I hope these little tips will help you find some flavor!

Feel free to post tips of your own. :)

Really McKay...I've only posted about this Umm, more than once. Put it on your plain oatmeal. Yummy. Put it in your water...yummy. Use in on your sweet potatoes....awesome. Put it in your Non Fat Plain Yogurt. It's great. Glad you're finally listening to me. LOL
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    All of these are highly processed..............

Are you going for weight loss or healthy????

If you are going for weight loss, then I guess good finds.

If you are going for healthy, you should return those products to the store pronto.
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    Party Pooper!
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Laddy, I have somehow managed to miss all your Truvia posts! Seriously. It's wonderful!
  • McKayMachina
    Options

If you are going for healthy, you should return those products to the store pronto.

"Highly processed"? Are you nuts? I know what every single ingredient in these is. The Land O'Lakes stuff uses real butter and cheese, cream, salt, buttermilk and yeast. The Truvia is the sweet solids from the stevia plant. Just like sugar is the sweet solids from a sugar cane plant.

What made you think these were "highly processed"?

Also, I'm not going to eat buckets of them a day. A sprinkle here and there in place of salt and sugar and other fatty additives.

And to answer your question, I'm going for weight loss AND healthy.

:wink:
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Party Pooper!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laddyboy
    Options

You're crazy. Truvia is a best as it can get.
  • laddyboy
    Options
    Laddy, I have somehow managed to miss all your Truvia posts! Seriously. It's wonderful!

Did you see my post about slenda. Pesticide in a can. Bad stuff.
    I'd put Stevia on my wife if she'd let me...but that's another post. LOL
  • McKayMachina
    Options

Did you see my post about slenda. Pesticide in a can. Bad stuff.

• Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options