PMS = SEVERE hunger pains - ugh!

Options
I am always beyond hungry during the first days of my period. It's not just cravings (I get those too) but constant hunger pains. This is the only time I cannot stay within my normal calorie range - I double it easily and there goes my weight loss. I'm curious to know is there a product that actually controls hunger? I could really use it about 3 maybe 4 days out of every month. The rest of the time I'm fine.

Yesterday was really bad.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    www.trysensa.com
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    It's funny you posted this today, I am going through the same thing right now. Although mine is usually a couple of days before my period, today I just had to eat that bag of Cheetos from the vending machine! I am so disappointed that I ate them, I have been fighting the craving for 2 weeks now since they showed up, but today I broke down! I don't know why I get so darn hungry for everything during TOM! It stinks!!!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs are a gals best friend. in my book
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You know, I do the same thing. The very first day, I could eat just about everything in sight!! It's not just cravings... The stomach is growling so loudly cause it is just gosh-darn hungry!!!

My mentality has always been that it's okay to splurge occasionally, so I let TOM be my ONE (maybe two) days when I can really go all out (if I need to - cause every month isn't the same). And then I make sure I drink tons of water to help counter that.

My personaly thought is perhaps the body is just going into overdrive doing what it needs to do ... I'm really curious to see if the typical calories burned is higher during those first two days than the rest of the month (thus why we are so much hungrier). Going to test it out this week.... I got my BodyBugg four weeks ago (about 3 days after the last round of TOM), so I'm curious to see the results this week.
  • werryanne
    werryanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone on this one!!
    Honestly, I think your body needs some more calories during this time. Maybe not so much that you double them, but I think we should give ourselves a little extra leeway. I try to eat more veggies and bulky, nutrient dense, lower calorie foods to help me feel fuller, but I still give myself a bit of chocolate to help with the cravings.

Good luck!!
  • Crissy_jo
    Crissy_jo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one. Yesterday was a much better day for me, and I stayed very close to my daily limit. I hope today goes just as well.