Chia seeds vs flax seeds

Options
I often add ground flax seed to my foods and was wondering if anyone has tried chia seeds. I've heard/read there are many health benefits but I have not had a chance to try them.

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I use Chia seeds every day. I like that you don't have to grind them, they are very healthy for you and are easy to eat.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I love them both. Do a search on them there is a lot of info about the benefits. The anti aging properties alone are worth using them both. I mix mine with my Chobani in the morning.
    The chia seeds look like poppy seeds but really have no taste. They are good.
  • globe_trekker
    globe_trekker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've used chia seeds and let my friend whom used flax seeds (she ground them every morning) now likes the chia seeds because they are more easily digestible. I think of them like psyllium, if they are allowed to be in water for awhile, it becomes gelatenous, I don't like that texture, so I just have a bit of water, then eat about a teaspoon full of chia seeds. Let that soak in for a few minutes, then drink more water to wash it down a bit.

I have read that having the chia seeds alone, then a few minutes later drinking water helps absorb stomach acid, so this is especially useful for those suffering from acid reflux and heartburn.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes, do a search on here. I saw someone talking about letting them sprout and eating that. I haven't tried it myself.