Ran 10 miles on Sunday ...

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
I rarely post successes on the message boards but I had to post this one...

I had a 10 mile long run on Sunday -- despite all of the odds (bad weather, a fall, iPod dying) I still completed it.

I even wrote a blog about it... hehe Im a dork I guess! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47/view/sometimes-you-just-have-to-be-stubborn-86834

Just remember -- whatever you dream you can acheive (with hard work and a stubborn streak of course)!
Rock on MFP!

Replies

• lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job! 10 miles is a huge milestone, and with a dying iPod even more impressive. Keep it up.
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I actually just ran my first 10 miles on saturday. A friend and I are gearing up for our first half marathon and to be honest I'm been a little nervous that I bit off more than I can chew. After saturday and pushing through 10 miles I can't wait. Great job and keep up the great work!! :drinker:
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are amazing EmmaLeigh! I love your dedication and perseverance! I am so proud of you and I have come to love our MFP friendship!

Keep on running!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    you rock!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    That is a tremendous feat!! Congrats to you!!!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    That's amazing! I started running only about a couple months ago and I'm looking forward to my first 10K :)

Way to go, keep it up :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    YAY for you! such a great accomplishment - congrats!
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats..I couldn't do it...anything below 50 degrees sends me indoors to the treadmill...
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job. I look forward to the day when I can run 10 miles. I'm training for my first 5k right ow.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love it. Last Saturday was 4 miles for me. It's the longest I've run this year. I ran longer 2 times in 2008. The coming month is going to see a bunch of PR's fall:

Farthest in one month (I'll break through 41 miles this month which is my current high)
    Farthest single run (currently 6 miles - will be running 8 on 4/30 - a week before my first 10K)
    Farthest in a year (currently 115 - I'll hit this sometime near the end of next month, too)

Even though you demur at the praise, you are such an inspiration!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I'm planning on a half-marathon myself.
  • voom1396
    voom1396 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Despite the bad, you ran 10 miles! That's something to be proud of, so why not post it! :smile:
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I love it. Last Saturday was 4 miles for me. It's the longest I've run this year. I ran longer 2 times in 2008. The coming month is going to see a bunch of PR's fall:

Farthest in one month (I'll break through 41 miles this month which is my current high)
    Farthest single run (currently 6 miles - will be running 8 on 4/30 - a week before my first 10K)
    Farthest in a year (currently 115 - I'll hit this sometime near the end of next month, too)

Even though you demur at the praise, you are such an inspiration!
    ]

Wow! Those are fabulous accomplishments. Isnt that what its all about -- pushing our bodies to see change occurring. I once said to my husband, why doesnt it ever get any easier. He replied "well duh, you keep going faster or farther how is it going to get easier."
    Truer words were never spoken!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Last night I went my personal distance record.. 1.6 miles..one day I will be able to go 10 miles just like you :) Way to go, hero!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Hey 1.6 is awesome -- we all started somewhere... soon you will be at 3 ..... and then 5... hehe :) Thats how it started for me.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 10 miles is ALOT to run and you are in amazing shape!!! I am also training for my first half marathon and have 3 and 4 miles run this week... in just a few weeks I hope to be doing what you did (except in mild drizzling Seattle weather!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!