Protein shake ?

Kforest0714
Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I am going to purchase my first protien powder today and I wanted to know if it is okay to have the shake for dinner instead of breakfast?

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    You can take protein any time of the day that works for your and your eating plan. Body builders and strength trainers will ingest protein many times throughout the day. Taking it as a meal replacement would leave me to starve at that time of the day, but it may work for you.

Try it and see if it works. If not, try another time of the day.
  • ColleenAllard
    ColleenAllard Posts: 3 Member
    I use protein shakes for brakfast and lunch and have a resonable dinner. I am sure you could have the shake for dinner and have a resonable lunch instead. I like protein shakes because they are easy! The one I use is Bariatric Advantage. It was recommneded by my doctor because it is high and protein and low in carbs and fat and still provides a fair amount of nutrients. I blend a banana in with the Chocolate flavor and I blend all kinds of things in with the vanillia. You can add any kind of frozen fruit as well as flavors of crystal Adding the fruit does not add too many calories, but it does add variety to your diet. I get my shake mixes from the website mybariatricpantry.com. They are about 20% less than anywhere elseI have found them.

Good luck! You CAN reach your goal!!
This discussion has been closed.