Earned calories for exercising

Options
When you earn calories for exercising, should you try to eat them all or is it okay to stay under? I understand that I need to fuel my body for the exercise but consuming upwards of 2000 calories seems high. Can someone enlighten me?!

Replies

• bobbitaylor
    Options
    I feel the same way. One day I hiked for 3 hours, but not strenuously, and it told me to eat like 3,000 calories. NOT! If I'm not hungry and don't go too many hours with out some nutrition, I don't eat. That's how I got fat in the first place!:drinker:
  • brafordrm
    brafordrm Posts: 19
    Options
    I honestly think that when it adds calories for exercising it is just an allowance, not a strict guideline. We all know at this point that the higher your calorie deficit is, the faster you will lose weight. Just be reasonable. If your body expends a lots more energy that usual, it needs more energy. That doesn't mean that you have to match up to the calories exactly, especially if you have had enough not to put your body into the dreaded "starvation mode."
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You will just need to play with your numbers. I know from previous experience....I need to eat my exercise cals back (due to health issues I'm not working out right now). Try eating them all for a while and if your progress stalls, drop down to 3/4, then if stall again, go down to 1/2. Make sense? You're in this for the long haul....it isn't going to hurt you in the long run to play around with it. Would you like to maintain later at a higher calorie intake?
  • fitnesstanyam
    fitnesstanyam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input! I think I'll just try it out and see what happens! If I'm not losing then I must be consuming too much!