How Can........

Options
How can putting on 3 lb add an inch to your neck your waist and your hips? When i got weighed this morning I had lost 1% body fat, my BMI had gone up. Dont understand how my body is displacing this 3 lb increase.
Am so disheartened today.

Replies

• Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you have two different people take your measurements they well come up with different numbers. Dont let this get you down .
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't get yourself down. time of day can change this as well if they were done at two different times. I almost always weigh about 3lbs less in the morning than I do before bed.
  • melissamauney
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat. But it is good. You need muscle to help burn fat.Don't get discouraged.
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    using a new measuring tape will also make you think yout have gained inches. Measuring tapes stretch over time. So allways use the same one. My tape and your tape will give you completly different readings .
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 217
    Options
    dont be disheartened Mum - youre doing so well....... you had a not so good week but if we learn from it and change it for this coming week you will be able to move on with a smile on your face knowing you did something about it.
    Everybody has bad weeks and this is yours but its not awful - you can shed those 3lb easily - i know you can and I know you know you can too!
    Keep your chin up, stay positive and smash the pool this week like you usually do........ dont let it ruin your journey so far!!!
    Love you mills xxxxx
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey Linda. Don't get disheartned.. Chin up hun. Your doing amazing. We all weigh different at different times of the day. Could be muscle or water. Don't let it get you down.

Lisa
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey Linda. Don't get disheartned.. Chin up hun. Your doing amazing. We all weigh different at different times of the day. Could be muscle or water. Don't let it get you down.

Lisa
  • hornseagirl
    hornseagirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe your scales battery is running low as that can affect readings