Questions About Greek Yogurt

Options
I'm having a hard time find Greek Yogurt. :grumble: Can you get it at any grocery store? (BTW, I live in Toronto.) What brands do you prefer? :drinker:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    PC has Greek Yogurt now, so any Superstore or Loblaws will have this brand. Just be careful of the fruit ones, they are full of sugar. I stick with plain and add my own stuff or eat it plain.

Liberte has a Mediterranean yogurt, pretty much the same thing. Look at the yogurt aisle or the organic sections.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Chobani Greek Yogurt is really good and seems to be fairly accessible at most grocery stores. Yoplait came out with one but I like Chobani better.
  • georgiam03
    Options
    Astro, Balkan style....that's Greek.
    I buy Astro 0% Balkan style.
    I am from Ottawa, so you should be able to find the same in grocery stores in TO.
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani. Some of the other brands have fillers and aren't true greek yogurt. I tried going back to regular yogurt last week and it wasn't the same.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Chobani.
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Fage!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Astro, Balkan style....that's Greek.
    I buy Astro 0% Balkan style.
    I am from Ottawa, so you should be able to find the same in grocery stores in TO.

Balkan is not Greek yogurt, Balkan is runnier like regular yogurt and has a lower protein content. Greek yogurt is almost the texture of pudding vs the sour creamish texture of the Balkan.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    PC has Greek Yogurt now, so any Superstore or Loblaws will have this brand. Just be careful of the fruit ones, they are full of sugar. I stick with plain and add my own stuff or eat it plain.

Liberte has a Mediterranean yogurt, pretty much the same thing. Look at the yogurt aisle or the organic sections.

I just bought some at Loblaws--PC brand Greek Yogurt. Soooo Good!! i put a little honey on it (somebody suggested it) but i don't even need the honey-rich and creamy--totally different vs. the runny crap
  • FrodoB
    FrodoB Posts: 19
    Options
    Chobani Greek Yogurt is really good and seems to be fairly accessible at most grocery stores. Yoplait came out with one but I like Chobani better.

Yoplait t is to Greek Yogurt as rocks are to diamonds.
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Sobey's carries Liberte, but I've noticed it's not in all the stores
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options

Yoplait t is to Greek Yogurt as rocks are to diamonds.

Heh... Agreed.
  • mb1883
    mb1883 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! :flowerforyou: