I lost my job yesterday....

Options
I need some motivation and support....my rent is due on the 5th and i have to cover my boyfriends half of rent this time because we decided to go out and have a nice night to ourselves before i lost my job. Now we're out of money. I have 100 dollars left in savings and that's having to go towards rent. My next check will all go towards rent. And then we gotta figure out food. He's a server at Cracker Barrel so he gets paid nightly so that's good....I'm just so stressed and scared i don't know what to do. I had to leave and go to my mom's house before my roommates lunch break so that they don't see i don't have a job anymore. I'm going to a career center tomorrow who is working with 30 companies and one is hiring 200 people...so please pray for me....

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry.I hope you find something real soon.
  • Chula0910
    Chula0910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG. I am so sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up and my prayers go out to you. I hope to see a post from you tomorrow with good news cause something good awaits you. God bless
  • KhrystyneHutton
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! I hope you'll be able to find something soon! Stay strong!!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hope you find something soon. ((Hugs)) I'll pray for you. :smile:
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry!!!!!! Keep your chin up and Im sure you are going to get a good job soon. Good luck tomorrow and keep us informed.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    im praying for you girl!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Praying you find something really soon.. I know its hard but try not to stress.

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    pray hon, GOD changes things; take any kind of job until you get what you want.:flowerforyou:
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i will defiantly be praying, dont worry, God will make a way.
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You will be in my prayers. Please stay positive and post any good news you get regarding the job.
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    Good Luck! Stay Positive!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about you girl!!! It will be ok. When one door closes, another one opens. Much love <3
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! I said a prayer for you, and I'll keep you in prayer.... It will all work out. Everything happens for a reason and God will never put more on you than you can bare.... Remeber "When God closes a door, he opens a window"... Hang in there. Good Luck! :)
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Things happen for a reason :D Everything will work out! Praying for you! :D
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry my prayers go out to you and yes everything happens for a reason. With time you'll find a better job and all will fall into place. Remember God wont give us things that we can't handle, stay strong we are all behind you 100%.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not the prayin' type. But I'll be thinkin' about you. Good luck with the work/rent/food thing.
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you lost your job! God will make a way, when you lift it up to him.

Until then, is there something that you can "not" pay for a month to have the extra money? i.e. cable, phone, gas or power? You can run a month or two behind on those usually w/o losing anything critical.
  • catherinern
    Options
    Good Luck to you and Chin up. It will get better. Prayers for you :)
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    Im so sorry girl!!! I went through a temp agency and they did all the foot work for me after i did about 2 weeks of searching on my own! They found me a job in a week!!!! I dont know if you could look online and see if there are any places like that near you?? Just for thought? I hope and pray that everything works out for you!!! I wish you nothing but the best!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Run to get UNEMPLOYMENT, help wherever possible. Be positive about it. Maybe it was meant to be. You'll find something.