Weight just isn't going down.

Options
2»

Replies

• allen83
    allen83 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I think I'll start walking in the evenings instead of biking that extra hour in addition to upping net calories to ~1500. I have been doing some weight training, basically bicep curls and military press with 5 pound weights (up to 10 pound weights now). I did lose 6" off my waist though.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I think I'll start walking in the evenings instead of biking that extra hour in addition to upping net calories to ~1500. I have been doing some weight training, basically bicep curls and military press with 5 pound weights (up to 10 pound weights now). I did lose 6" off my waist though.

I would definitely check out your goals and use the "Guided" option and see what MFP suggests your caloric intake should be. You may also want to run the "Net Calories" report. When I thought I was exceeding 1200 calories, I was actually waaay under where I should have been. Those reports can be really handy to track sodium intake, protein, etc....

Can anyone say "nerd alert"? LOL
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Your body could also be gettin used to the same routine. Change yiur cardio once in a while and maybe some weight training could totally change your body. I am trying to do this and hopefully it'll work. Good luck!
  • allen83
    allen83 Posts: 17
    Options
    you might want to switch your cardio routine, your muscles get used to what you do and they wont have effect on your weight. Another factor is that you start building up muscle and they are heavy , so measure your inches you might notice a difference... i hope this helps.

No it is not muscle, Can't build muscle on a caloric restricted diet such as this, as I said above muscle needs a caloric surplus to build any noticeable amount.

You are correct in that he should switch up the fitness routine, this should be done every 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in a bit of a predicament when it comes to exercise variety, I live in a cramped apartment miles away from any fitness facilities so all I really have room for is my exercise bike and some free weights. I've been doing bicep curls in between biking but aside from walking is there anything I can do? Does upping the resistance on the bike count as changing it up?
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I agree, maybe you should start incorporating some weight training into your routine. Also, up your caloric intake...you can start slowly and then add more until you start to see the weight coming off again. You could also go see a nutritionist to make sure that you are eating the appropriate number of calories. MFP has me at 1200 calories a day, but my nutritionist says that it's ok to consume between 1200-1400. But, that is for me...Everyone is different.

Good luck!