Measuring Large Breasts: How to

Options
*** This is a serious post***

For women with very large breasts:

Are you measuring your weight loss including inches around the bust line?

Here is my dilemma -- where to measure the bust line.

If I measure in the nude, I feel as though I am measuirng incorreclty. The nipple line isn't aligned with the largest portion of my back.

So when you measure, are you measuring with your bra on to get a better idea?

Any other ideas?

I was considering measuring around the largest portion of my back and bringing the tape measure under the breast rather than on top of it to get a better reading.

Thanks for your help.

I need to know how much smaller I can be on my own with exercise and weight loss and how much breast I will need to remove with surgery.

M

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I started out as a 40 DDD and I am now a 34 DD. I was told to wear a lingerie bra when measuring bust. They are very thin but will hold the girls in the proper place for measuring. Hope this helps!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I measure with a bra on. Try to measure wearing the same bra each time.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Measuring is always done with your best-fitting bra on. I measure my bust line as well as my back (at the band).
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Measure with bra on and wear the same bra every time you measure. Around back and should be right at nipple level. Hope this helps!
  • tappytaptap
    Options
    I measure with my bra on
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes it's always best to measure with your bra on and also try to always measure in the same bra so you will be sure to get an accurate measurement. Good luck to you:)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I do include my breast measurements and I measure at the center of my breast and around to my back....I wear my bra so the girls are up where they're supposed to be. I'm not sure if this is the right way to measure, but this is how my sister and I measured when we started.
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    The best way to measure is with the same bra on each time. You'll want to do once around the fullest part of your bust (should be right across the nipples when you have a bra on) and then once around just under the band. This way you can see if the breasts are decreasing as well as whether you are losing your back fat "wings" as I like to call them.
    Good luck with this - I wish mine would go down but they don't really! I lost 30 pounds and only went from a 38H to a 36H. I know most women lose fastest from their bust, but not me.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    When you measure your bust, wear a bra. I measure both the bust and also the circumference of my chest, the latter by measuring the measuring above the breasts, with the tape going under the armpits.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yes, measure with a bra on!

Get the bra fitted as well as you can-band is level around your torso, straps are tightened up so that the girls aren't laying down over the band but the center of the back is not creeping up. It's hard of you've been wearing the bra for more than 6 months to a year, as it is stretched out, but do what you can.

Measure across the fullest part of the bust for your bust measurement, keeping the tape level all the way around. You want just enough tension on the tape to keep it in place.

Then measure AGAIN just below the cups of the bra. You're going to lose weight here too.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think the key is consistently measuring in the same place w/ the same type of clothing on... so it doesn't matter if you're measuring bust, waist or hip -- just as long as you're doing it the same each time so you can see the results. I am a 38DDD, and I'm looking forward to losing a cup size or two. After I have kids... I will be getting surgery to reduce/lift the rest.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to measure the exact area each time.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I measure with same bra on every time. but I didn't notice much difference until I went bra shopping.
    I went from a 42DDD back in Aug, to now a 38DD.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I measure with same bra on every time. but I didn't notice much difference until I went bra shopping.
    I went from a 42DDD back in Aug, to now a 38DD.

That makes complete sense, as with an ill-fitting bra, it's hard to get preceise measurements.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.

I hope I hope I hope I hope I can lose enough weight to fit into a D when I am done. it would be so wonderful to be able to go lingerie shopping and get those cute matching panty and bra combos.

Ideally, I'd like to be a full C but that likely won't happen without surgery.

Has anyone found a good supportive bra that doesn't have an underwire? Mine consistenly poke out of the bra. I hate that.
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    Mine is an underwire, but it's not sticking out because it is fitted just right. You might not be wearing the right size! Since you are tying to lose weight, now would be a good time to get fitted anyway, so you know exactly where you started. Any nice department store will help out for free, and they have the kind of bras that are a little more expensive but wear better. I'd check them out!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thnks for this post- It was a question that I had that I simply had not gotten around to answering yet!
  • toalwaysbeme
    Options
    Well the way I figure it is if I measure my bust without the bra on..... it will just screw up my waist measurement. LMAO
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this! I have always measured with the bra off. But questioned whether that was right or not. I am also large breasted.
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well the way I figure it is if I measure my bust without the bra on..... it will just screw up my waist measurement. LMAO

HA! I was thinking the same thing about myself...too funny!