Willpower :(

Options
Willpower is my biggest battle in life..i KNOW i WANT to be thin.. i KNOW i WANT to be healthy..ive KNOWN it for 33 years.. making it happen..NOT SO EASY! my sister recommended this site for suport and help on doing what i need to do..so now i want to DO ME and MAKE IT HAPPEN! do i still wanna eat oh so yummy fattening food? HELL YEAH! instead, im eating veggie straws lol .. I pray at night that I can continue to be strong and make myself do it, but because I've always failed in the past, it SCARES me :(

Replies

• Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    I do super good all day long, it's when the family all gathers around the dinner table at night is when I do bad!!!! I have decided that I may not be "thin" but I will live a healthier active lifestyle, but fruits and veggies, less processed foods, pop and all the stuff that I LOVE!! Last night, I did treat myself to a bowl of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream covered with Caramel syrup....oops....but it's the little things like that I do once in a while that keep me on track. I have lost 8.2 lbs since joining MFP and actually sticking with it this time. I feel better. I am not a huge exerciser either...I will walk when I want to walk, jog when I want to jog and occasionally break out the workout DVD's just for fun, but overall, I must be doing something right. My clothes are all fitting better and I am happy with the way things are going. I have to remind myself that I can't drop 20 lbs just like that, or it will all come back, plus 20 lbs...so I am happy with my piddly little 0.2 weight losses every week or so! There is alot of support and motivation on this web site, lots of friends who all have the same goals in mind....befriend us and we can do it together!! :) Good Luck!!!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    It's a long journey and you just keep going. If you stop along the way, you just get back up and keep going.

Remember whatever it is that you want out of this: long live, healthier living, nicer clothes, etc.
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Will power is a goal that is obtainable. You will find helpful advice and encouragement from the people here in the forum. Just keep posting and track every morsal that brushes your upper lip. The moderators here are the greatest and keep this site true to what eeryone needs: A place to succed. Keep up the good work.

chipgal
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!You have to make up your mind what you want.is that food worth all the hard work you`ve done.Or if you want the yummy food,work for it.workout more,eat less for another meal.Some days I`m more motivated then others.
    I know there are days I want t to quit,then I look to my friends for support and know I can do it.I AM doing it.When you don`t have it in you,read some of the success stories or reach out to a friend,that`s what it`s all about.
    Jane:smile:
  • tjhmoody
    tjhmoody Posts: 28
    Options
    "You have to make up your mind what you want.is that food worth all the hard work you`ve done."

This is so true. I'm in a local weight loss support group and one of our daughter's is also in the group. After our meeting on Tuesday mornings we go to a restaurant and get breakfast. This morning I decided I wanted hash browns because I hadn't had any in well over a year. They didn't taste nearly as good as I imagined and I only ate half of them. Then when I entered them on MFP I was shocked at how many calories were in the little bit I ate ... so no more hash browns for me.
  • MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    Options
    You're all awesome.. Thank You :)