Panera

Options
SydKaty
SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
I also posted this on my blog, but in case you're not aware (i'm not sure how new/old it is either), Panera's website has a great tool that helps you determine the number of calories you're consuming with their meals. It was very helpful for me to do my research in advance of going there so I wasn't blindsided by the unknown calories I could potentially consume.

I ended up getting a grilled chicken caesar salad.
- No croutons
- Substitute Reduced Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette for the Caesar dressing
- I should have said no cheese, but forgot.

All total, this meal was about 350 calories. Honestly I found the salad more enjoyable with a lighter dressing too!
Instead of the bread, I choose an apple

It's not a sexy meal, but definitely one that I enjoyed and would choose on another occassion.

Replies

• michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That calorie calculator is amazing! I love that they've stared posting calorie count on the menu, too. They've made it so easy for people who love good quality, quick food and are trying to monitor their eating.
  • ljpham
    ljpham Posts: 25
    Options
    love, love, love panera!!
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    I may or may not have started drooling as soon as I saw this topic...
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    Nice! Caesar salads are usually total traps....many think they're healthy but are actually horrendous for you! You did a great job changing the dressing and all, that actually sounds yummy! I love balsamic dressing! =)