New to this site

Options
I am a little over 2 weeks new to this site. I started using this on March 11, 2011. I have quit smoking. It will be one year on April 4th and I gained over 40 lbs and I decided it was time to start doing something about my weight. I have been married for almost 34 years now to the same man, we have 2 daughters. We now have 2 son-in-laws and 7 grandkids, ranging from 15 to 6. I have 4 girls and 3 boys. I weighted in this morning after little over 2 weeks and I have lost 7 lbs. My exercise right now consist of the treadmill. I try to do at least 25 to 30 minutes a day. Some days I don't make it.

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    great start! welcome.
  • mjfisher
    mjfisher Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome start! Thats great you stopped smoking! Keeping track of the calories you consume everyday is a great way to shed pounds quickly. Don't be too harsh on yourself so early, you may get burned out. so take it slow and don't exhaust yourself too early. A lot of people, including me, get worn out and give up cause they don't see a change. Not every weigh in may result in pounds lost. So welcome to this site, its awesome! Keep it up and always keep a positive attitude! :-)
  • precious71701
    Options
    I just joing in March as well...doing good so far...I am also going to try to quit smoking. ..I thought it might be a good time to do it now since I'm counting calories...Will try some sugar free gum to take the place of that cig. for awhile...Welcome to the site and good luck...