What's up with me?

Options
I'm doing pretty good nutritionally. Not overindulging (too often), eating fruits and veggies, and not craving sweets. HOWEVER, for one meal every 2 or 3 days, I am a bottomless pit! I eat everything in sight and have to force myself out of the kitchen before I eat even more. Lunch today was that meal for me. I ate 765 calories. :mad: Why am I ravenous and insatiable for one meal every couple of days when I'm not really hungry the rest of the time? Tips? Ideas?

Replies

• Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water? sometimes that body sends us signals that we feel hungry when we actually need hydration. If that's not the case, try to go for a walk when you feel like you're hungry after you just ate. Exercise will help you digest and make you feel less hungry.
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    I take that back. I ate 802 calories for lunch. There should be an intervention!!!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    interesting info on Dr Oz yesterday... about eating with intention and focus... worth a watch on his website *S*, might help.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Antigone,
    I struggle with the same! I am really having problems with holding myself back from meals sometimes. I cook a healthy meal, eat it and then feel full but crave more. Thats when I reach for the water!!!
    I just tell myself CHUG CHUG CHUG, and start drinking as much as i can. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't but it puts something in my mouth other than food.
    Get out of the kitchen and do something else, take a shower, walk the dog, ect. Its so hard but if you take your mind off of it, it helps.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You will hear a lot of people say whey protein will help and I think it really helps. I try to eat slower when I feel those kind of days going on or take a small walk after you eat. It helps me get out of the kitchen and get food out of my head! I hope that helps a little!! Let me know if you find something better!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I see that you don't take in much protein at breakfast. Nor do you have a midmorning snack.

I'm guessing that you get up pretty early since you are holding an adorable toddler in your profile picture. You are probably both waiting too long between meals and not getting enough protein in at breakfast. So try getting more protein at breakfast and perhaps in a mid-morning snack and see if that helps with the lunch attacks.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    that happens to me sometimes to around my cycle.Or sometimes if I did alot of working out that day, my body seems like a bottomless pit of hunger.Try drinking a full glass of water, and leave the kitchen.If you still are not satisfied at least try eating veggies or fruits so at least it's healthy!!Don't stress over it, just get back on track!!Good luck!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree that drinking a large glass of water before you eat is a great way to help overeating, but in the grand scheme of things nothing is "up" with you.

Eat. Eat like you've never eaten before, just make a couple of better choices. I peeked at your food diary. Your main source of calories for your "huge" lunch was the broccoli with cheese. Get rid of the cheese and the same quantity of food would have been 300 calories less.

There is nothing wrong with eating. Don't beat yourself up, look forward because you can't change what just happened and SMILE!
  • azupan
    azupan Posts: 2
    Options
    I do the very same thing! I feel soooo guilty about it afterward. It's no fun.