A New Journey

Options
Hi all. I've heard so many positive things about MFP that I thought I would give it a shot. The reason I titled this a new journey is because my weight gain is not from eating too much, it's actually the opposite...I don't eat. Well I do but usually once or twice a day. I also have hypothyroidism & am taking medications that have caused me to gain a significant amount of weight. Also, walking is very painful for me so finding the right exercises will be a challenge as well. But I am determined to do this so I'm in it for the long haul and am very excited to be a part of what seems to be an awesome community!! :love:

Replies

• tyienna
    tyienna Posts: 39
    Options
    I understand what you mean by pain with certain exercises. The good things I have found is the pain got better once the weight came off. I started last year at 220 lbs and this morning I was 169. I go to a gym now and feel great after working out. Good luck on your journey and I hope your pain gets better like mine did.
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    welcome love your butterfly quote , so very true , feel free to add me as a friend
  • lieselotte2
    lieselotte2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. You will succeed by being accountable to yourself regarding what you eat. I am on a 1,200 calorie life style change (I refuse to call it a diet - that word make me want to eat), am 59 1/2 yrs. old, on all kinds of medication (bloodpressure, heart disease, diabetes, no thyroid, hormones, etc. etc., and I have lost 25.5 lbs. since February 15, 2011. I walk 30 min. at lunch and 30 min. at night when I get home and am very stringent about my calories. I know you can do it!!! Again, welcome and have fun with MFP. :happy:
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. You will succeed by being accountable to yourself regarding what you eat. I am on a 1,200 calorie life style change (I refuse to call it a diet - that word make me want to eat), am 59 1/2 yrs. old, on all kinds of medication (bloodpressure, heart disease, diabetes, no thyroid, hormones, etc. etc., and I have lost 25.5 lbs. since February 15, 2011. I walk 30 min. at lunch and 30 min. at night when I get home and am very stringent about my calories. I know you can do it!!! Again, welcome and have fun with MFP. :happy:

That's awesome , keep up the good work
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome :flowerforyou:
    you may want to give the Leslie Sansone (spelling ?) walking videos a try for exercise
    it is pretty low impact & you can walk at your own pace.
    if you need support feel free to add me ;)
    good luck!
  • Butterfly_Kissez
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome!! I am pretty excited about doing this "lifestyle change" (that does sound better lieselott) right along with you!!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura. I also have hypothyroidism and issues with walking a lot. I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome w/ Insulin resistance, vitamin b 12 deficiency, iron deficiency, and vitamin d deficiency. I have been in a low glycemic index lifestyle since august and have lost 40 pounds, but now I am adding this portion to help me out more with portion control. Feel free to add me.