How do YOU "spice up" your running?

Options
I love running - have been running since I was a teen. It always makes me feel great, and I find it sorta "zen-like" to just be out there doing it. But, sometimes it can start to feel same-o same-o, when you've memorized every crack in the sidewalk.

Do any of you have any ideas for how to put some variety into my running? What do you do?

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love running - have been running since I was a teen. It always makes me feel great, and I find it sorta "zen-like" to just be out there doing it. But, sometimes it can start to feel same-o same-o, when you've memorized every crack in the sidewalk.

Do any of you have any ideas for how to put some variety into my running? What do you do?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Have you tried this? :wink:
    streaker.gif?t=1224466383
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like to run intervals- warm up, then do fast bursts of speed for 2 min, back off 2 min, faster 2 min, etc. You can do it however you like, but adding in the speed is awesome for fat burning and running faster!

I also have discovered http://www.cardiocoach.com They're downloadable ipod workouts that really motivate you! I have volumes 5 & 7 and the Press Play workout.

Happy running!

Jess
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this? :wink:
    streaker.gif?t=1224466383

Woohoo! Now that would be an interesting run. :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Run with a group. We always have the most interesting conversations. :bigsmile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I change up my routes cause I get bored looking at the same thing -
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Hey, if you are just runnng the same kind of distance, you can introduce different kinds of runs: spped workout, varied speed (interval), etc. etc.

Check Hal Higdon's sight for more ideas and different schedules.

Have fun!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I completely change my routes every month or two .I only run distance twice a week - one day I run more hills and the other I do more flat, but I keep changing where I go,not only to keep from getting bored, but to add different challenges.