Tummy post baby!

Options
Talk to me ladies!

Finley is 9 months old. When did you get your stomach back???

My stomach has now been stretched twice during pregnancy and I was lucky enough to not get any stretch marks, but now that I've lost 26lbs I feel like the skin is baggy. Ew. It's just not the nice taught tummy I once used to have. I exfoliate, I weight train, do some cardio, yoga each week and eat a pretty clean diet. Is there anything I can do to help tighten that skin back up? I'm hoping that continuing to weigh train and working on my core on a weekly basis will firm things back up. But, I've got another 10-15lbs to go and I'm just afraid the skin is going to look looser and looser. This is not what I had envisioned for bathing suit season!

Replies

• nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 9 months old too. I am 8 lbs away from my goal weight and I am not sure how my tummy will look once I get there. Its not too bad right now. I am not doing as much as you, great job..keep up the good work. You look great!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had two kids in two years. I got stretch marks both times, they were bad with my son (baby #2) because he carried so low. Not only do I have belly fat to contend with, but loose, stretched out skin. :( I'll be getting pregnant again in about 6 weeks, so it's not getting any better. My husband and I are planning on me getting a tummy tuck and breast lift/implants once this next baby (or babies, since we're planning on twins) are in pre or elementary school.
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had my second baby on July 1st of 2010 as well and I feel your pain... My stomach looks like a deflating balloon even after losing all the baby weight plus a few extra... All the crunches in the world have not helped a the rest of my body looks pretty toned... Hopefully you get some good feedback so that I can benefit from it as well lol :-)
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My son will be 1 a week from today and my stomach is nasty baggy skin. I am now 26 pounds less than my prepregnancy weight and it looks worse, simply because my skin was so stretched and I got so many stretch marks :( I have just come to terms with the fact that I will always wear a 1-piece swimsuit the rest of my life. And I really don't care, cause my son was worth every bit of saggy stretchy skin I have!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    mine has been stretched out 2x but thankfully no stretch marks...keep your cardio up and it will firm..:bigsmile:
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Oooh honey, i'm on the same boat as you. And everyone has told me that the extra loose skin is not going anywhere. Unless it's done by surgey. But Dispike the facts, I still do believe we all mommy have a chances. I am doing 50 abs a day (to begin with) to see if that helps (my husband researched it and that's what he found) I do a lot of cardio 6 days a week.

I think I preferre the loose skin (which maybe one day will thigten up again) versus having a scare from hip to another.

I'm also feeling that the this is what I had envisioned for a bathing suit after the weight lost.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    ugh, if you figure it out let me know! i was lucky enough to get stretchmarks, even though they are barely noticeable now. but the skin below my belly button just feels so stretchy and loose still, and my son is 18 months old!
  • joriewages
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! My daughter is 7 mo old and my stomach has a "bowl full of jelly" that it never did!! Anyone with any tips of getting rid of it- I'm all ears!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Unfortunately, I acquired what I refer to as 'battle scars' (stretch marks) that are terrible and probably will keep me from wearing a bikini for the rest of my life. I have found tanning has helped along with plenty of exercise and ab work. I use a tanning lotion that helps 'firm' things up. I always had the 'pouch' after the first baby. It never fully went away and 2nd time around made it much worse but I'm much more active this go around than the last and things are pulling in little by little especially after I started tanning once/twice a week.
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    my dd is 10mnths n mine isnt good :( ive only about 1stone to loose too ahhhhhhh
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I say I had the three worst possible things that could happen to your belly....I have the baggy belly (and my son is already 3 y/o and I am already on my goal weight) , I have stretch marks, AND my belly button popped out while pregnant and stayed that way. :sad: :grumble: So for you girls complaining about a little pouch, smile and be happy. It could be worse. :smile:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I had my second baby 9 months ago as well and I thought Id never get rid of my tummy but although it is still there it is shrinking and tightening at the same time - Ive been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and now starting Insanity!!! Its all a mix of cardio and stregth training in one workout and so I am burning the fat big time and toning as well so think that is my answer for how I am getting rid of mine!!!!! :)
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I think it just depends on your skin/body. My daugher is 4, and the belly jelly and saggy skin has definitely improved from that first year. I thought my boobs were going to be a total loss since they were kinda droopy even pre-pregnancy/breast feeding, but now they are actually firmer! Go figure! Firming lotions really do work!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 3 1/2 and thought the rest of me is back to normal (and was within 2 weeks), there's no way my tummy ever will be, there is simply too much skin there, and most of it isn't attached to the muscles underneath, so abdominal exercises aren't doing a thing.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What kind of lotion do you use?
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Max is almost 10 months and I still do not have a nice flat/taut belly. I also have stretch marks to contend with and my lovely gall bladder surgery scars. So depressing (LOL). I have noticed it slimming down but definitely need to find a way to help flatten it. I do pilates, cardio and some light weights.
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    After my 2nd baby I lost all my preggo weight (28lbs), and another 15lbs on top of that (I'm 5'3 and got down to about 105lbs). My belly had no fat left on it, but the skin was still a little bit loose. I only had 2 years in between before getting pregnant again, so I'm not sure if it would've firmed up at all. But, I was able to wear a bikini, the skin wasn't super noticeable (I didn't have stretch marks either, but I do have a c-section scar). I was in my bikini after #2 by the time she was 5 months old. Aiming for the same this time, 2 more months to go!!
  • grenier317
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from, I had twin girls almost 2 yrs ago. I am still about 40lbs away form my goal weight, but I think the extra flap of skin I have has to weigh 20lbs =). Before pregnancy I loved my stomach, after pregnancy not so much. I have stretch marks from under my boobs to my bikini line and everywhere in between. My husband says" you are still beautiful don't worry about it" but as you know it sucks. As I loose weight I gain more skin flap uggh. keep your head up! You should think of it as an accomplishment. You "grew" a life inside you.
  • NoahsMama2321
    Options
    LADIESSSSSS! use lotions every single day like its religion. i have HORRIBLE stretch marks and they make me sooooooooo self conscious. they will NEVER fully go away but using different oils and lotions really make a difference. i use Bio Oil twice a day and it has made a huge difference. they are still there and ive been using it for 9 months but they ARE fading. i feel so much better even with the small amount of fade that ive gotten from using it!
    now time to work on my baby weight, even though i started very late(my son is 8 months old)
    good luck, and really! try a lotion or an oil and use it!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I say I had the three worst possible things that could happen to your belly....I have the baggy belly (and my son is already 3 y/o and I am already on my goal weight) , I have stretch marks, AND my belly button popped out while pregnant and stayed that way. :sad: :grumble: So for you girls complaining about a little pouch, smile and be happy. It could be worse. :smile:

I'm right there with you and in addition to all of that...my abs split. I wish all I had to deal with was a bit of a pouch, lol. I'm only 26 and my daughter will be 8 this year....I haven't worn a bikini since I was 17. I weigh less than I did in high school and no amount of working out has helped me in that area.