Five best and worst choices at Mcdonald's SURPRISE!

Options
With five young children, it is inevitable that I will end up at Mcdonald's once in a while despite my best efforts to avoid it. After a morning full of wild and crazy children, and a unseasonably cold spring day, a trip to the play place at Mcdonald's was sounding like sweet relief for me and my house. I decided to try and plan ahead what I would eat, and so googled "the healthiest things to eat at Mcdonald's". This article came up, and I was quite surprised at some of the best five and worst five things to eat. A grilled chicken sandwich on the list of five WORST things to eat there?! REALLY?!?! :noway: And ONE of the salads barely made the list of the five healthiest things to eat :huh: . I was really SURPRISED to say the least. I thought there might be others out there who would find this information helpful. :flowerforyou:

http://lifehacker.com/#!5283442/best-and-worst-fast-food-mcdonalds-edition

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    the word "McDonald's" should be ***-ed out like all the other bad language on here
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing that. It was actually VERY surprising.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I always get the grilled chicken sandwich!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    i cant believe the sodium in these foods!!!! thanks for the info. going on a family road trip soon and will probably end up at mcdonalds at some point....this article helps!!
  • mariasfitness
    Options
    I too would take my kids to Mcdonal's when they were kids. (didnt know any better) Today we are living a healthier life style and avoid it like the plague. Thanks for sharing:wink:
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Very surprising. I used to get the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo all the time thinking I was ordering right. Apparently not!!!
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm in the same boat as you... house full of hyper kids. A trip to McDonalds' is a much needed break for me and my sanity. I feel guilty for eating there once a week but sometimes have no choice, what with picky eaters and a long, cold spring break cooped up in the house.

I usually order a plain hamburger and apple dippers. Sometimes I'd steal a few fries from my kids' Happy Meals. Other times I will order the Southwest Grilled Chicken salad and only use half of the dressing.
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks for posting that...I won't be going there again for a long, long time now!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    you should watch "fat head" on hulu, its the rebuttle to super size me..
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This was great - thank you! Now I don't feel that bad about that filet-o-fish I had last Friday!! LOL
  • svackar
    svackar Posts: 33
    Options
    If you have to stop at McDonald's, there are some smarter choice to be made. I would suggest reviewing there nutritional information online (http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html). They've made changes to their menu in the last 2 years since that article was published.

My goto items from mcdonald's are: Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled chicken and the Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, Grilled Chicken snack wrap, Fruit & Maple oatmeal, Yogurt Parfait, and Plain ice-cream cone.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you check out the various versions of "Eat This, Not That," you will find this info not that surprising. The sodium in many items that otherwise seem healthy can be crazy. In many restaurants, some of the salads are worse than some of the entrees that you would swear are going to be so bad. People often forget about sodium, but it pays to keep an eye on it.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you should watch "fat head" on hulu, its the rebuttle to super size me..

i LOVE that movie! So surprised -- expected it to be along the same vein as SSM, and instead it was like the anti-SSM.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Watch "Super Size Me", and I hope you'll learn avoid the "M" big time!!! Find any alternative other than fast food, PERIODS!

Or pack your own lunch (even a nice easy peanut butter sandwich would be much much worth the effort)!!!!!