How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Daily. I used to log it daily for my own information but I have started logging it every few days. It seems everyone finds their own way when it comes to weighing, some do better weighing once a month, once a week, once a day...do what suits you.
  • rld826
    rld826 Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week. Monday moring at 630 am.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself when i feel like it hahaha, no set dates unless im doing a challenge (like now) I didnt weigh myself all winter now i weigh myself like every other day or every three days, sometimes just twice a week for my challenges. I don't really think about it.
  • victoriasheldon
    Options
    I weigh in once a week but peek more often then not LOL!!!! I am using weight watchers and ZUMBA 6 days a week between 70 minutes to 2 hours depending on which videos we play. this is month 3 and my best friend has lost 25 lbs and I have lost 18 lbs. I LOVE ZUMBA I think when my body stops losing weight I am maintaining health I will not weigh or peek as often!! but till then the pounds are melting off and its been a blast!! I started out only wanting to be healthy and look good, yep just sat there on the couch wishing I looked the TV people then my best friend got zumba and thats all it took now we are ZUMBA addicts!!!!!!!

started 01/11 177
    today 3/11 158.8
    goal is 132 or when my body looks and feels FAB!!!!
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. after going to the restroom.. I also do measurement once a week..
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    Muscle is heavier than fat so its possible that if you are training hard that this is the case. x
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily right before I jump in the shower. I like to keep an eye on water retention and I also like to see the trends. I only record on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, though, and I only record losses. So far I'm managing a consistent downward trend and my clothing size has gone down, so it works for me!
  • tyienna
    tyienna Posts: 39
    Options
    I do it every day because it seems to help me keep on track.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I weight and measure every day. I am also doing an experiment though and need the data so I can compare the ups and downs with my second 30 day experiment. My goal is learning what my body does and doesn't work well with. I'm 25 and have no clue what my personal genetics and metabolism can handle.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Everyday but I only record it everyother Saturday it's weird I like to see the daily fluctuations
  • mlaurie07
    mlaurie07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat so don't always focus too much on the scale Num,bers becasue if your clothes contiue to fit better and you are looking leaner than you are building muscle and burning fat
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't like to weigh myself at all :) But I think I will probably try bi-weekly in the beginning and then probalby switch to weekly once I get into the swing of things a couple of months in. I also weigh first thing in the morning after I pee. Or at 3 in the morning if I'm up with the baby!!!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is really really one of those "whatever works for you" questions -- anything between 'twice a day' and 'never' can be perfectly fine. If you find you're obsessing too much about the scales and are pretty sure of your eating and exercising, well, why not once a month?

Me, I weigh myself every day at the same time (morning, after a trip to the washroom, naked or in knickers only) and chart it out of interest, plus calculate moving averages and some statistics out of interest. But I'm a scientist by training. My practice isn't better than anyone else's.
  • scottishtinkerbella
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. On a monday morning straight after I wake up ( well after visting little girls room) and record it on a spreadsheet I have created
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    My scale always end up disappointing me, so I stay away. The last time I weighed myself was 3 weeks ago...I'm trying to go a little longer
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well, I want to do it everyday, but have to resist the urge. I usually stick to once a week only because I am just starting out and need to understand my body and hold myself accountable. Eventually I would like to get to once a week or even once a month. If I weighed myself daily I would be depressed and want to give up since weight loss is so slow.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Daily....but that is what works for me....and I don't stress about little fluctuations up or rejoice too much when they go down. I agree with a previous post that basically said it is an individual choice and you have to do what works best for you.

I also don't stress about taking a weekend off from watching what I eat so closely anymore....but for the most part, I'm in maintenance and not worrying about losing right now. I'd like to lose 5-10 more pounds, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't.

Kaye
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My scale always end up disappointing me, so I stay away. The last time I weighed myself was 3 weeks ago...I'm trying to go a little longer

yeah that's why I weigh in once a month...my feelings kept getting hurt lol
  • momof2sb
    momof2sb Posts: 8
    Options
    I was thinking of weighing in once a week,,,,what do u guys think of that to soon or just right?
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think it's just right. I actually read an article supposedly by an actual Dr. who said that people who weigh themselves more often are usually more successful at keeping the weight off than those who weigh in once a week or less.

I would say weigh your self once a day and only post the lowest weight of the week.