exercise affecting sex life??

Options
my husband wants to strangle Shaun T.......he is encouraging as much as he can be... however he inst pushing me to lose weight....so I am truly doing this for me... at the same time, at nearly 300 lbs, I do not feel sexy and I know I look horrible when I am naked.... my tummy already overlaps my goody spot.... and now since I started doing Insanity, I am having issues with muscle soreness....so much so that it hurts to open my legs wide.... I don't like to take a lot of pills & supplements so Ive been doing hot baths with epsom salt for relief....

any other suggestions to help with the pain?? how long will it last??

Replies

• Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I think every body recovers differently. I was told by a few beachbody coaches to drink chocolate milk after a workout and a protein shake. It seemed to help me. I have a problem with it as well. I hope this helps and good luck! Keep up the good work, you will be happy you did.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I was super sore for about a week when I started out. I just took advil for the pain and eventually it went away! I'm sure in time yours will stop hurting so bad too - hang in there!!!:wink:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Seriously, I think it's straight up INCREDIBLE that you are tackling Insanity at 300lbs. Like, WOW. Every new work out program will challenge your body differently, and this one is about as intense as they come. Just keep at it, and I'm sure after a week or two tops you're body will adapt and you'll stop feeling so sore. Congrats!
  • James_Strait
    James_Strait Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink a protein suppliment, it will help you muscles heal.
  • kigra
    kigra Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you for keeping up the work out!!! First I would say eventually you wont get sore, the best tips for soreness is recovery drink ( i use the P90X recover drink right after a work out) LOTS of water and a warm bath! I dont ever get sore.

In my opnion... once you start feeling good, your drive will go into overhaul... so keep it up. (I know when Im in shape my drive is much higher than when im not)

CONGRATS on your changed lifestyle and keep it up. :-)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    post workout drink a 1-2 cups of 1% chocolate milk, followed 15 mins later with a good protein meal. You are going to need to take a lot more protein into your diet when you are working out hard, its a fact that the body needs it to repair muscles that are being torn down (that soreness you feel). I aim for 1 gram for every pound of body weight, for you it may be half that but you need more protein the purpose of the chocolate milk is recovery, 5 mins post workout all the glycogen receptors for the muscle are at the surface waiting and ready for replenishing that sugar in the milk will do that but more importantly it gets that protein into the muscles allowing for quicker repair. So despite what you may think that milk is not going to get turned to fat. Also you will need to make sure you are feeding the body correctly to hasten that repair process.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Remember that the exercise (and accompanying weight loss) will only make the other activity better. :wink:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Keep it up! Remember that the exercise (and accompanying weight loss) will only make the other activity better. :wink:

AND THAT'S THE GOSPEL TRUTH!
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU for getting rid of that fat! YOU CAN DO IT!
    Insanity is hard, and maybe it's too hard for very heavy people. I'm no expert, but I think something low-impact would be better to get most of the weight off, then do Insanity to top it off & get stronger & toned.

During week 1 of Insanity my hubby took pain reliever & rubbed ben-gay on his sore muscles.
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Keep it up........... (Yeah, that's what she said>>>> :wink:

Seriously.........The advice about the protein shakes and chocolate milk is on point. Some people that workout only do the choco milk and no protein shakes. I do the protein shakes myself......have had choco milk a time or two.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love this post for SO many reasons:

1. Your'e doing this for YOU
    2. Your husband is supportive AND loves you just the way you are
    3. You're kicking some serious butt with that workout

Keep doing great and maybe suggest a rub on those sore muscles to keep the night going :wink:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love your post mostly for the fact that you are not giving up. Even though you hurt, you want to find a way to not hurt instead of saying "screw this" and letting the dvds sit and collect dust. Props to you on that!
    Secondly, the milk and protein is spot on. And I personally think a bath would help too. It will help your muscles relax after an intense workout. And remember to stretch those muscles too.

I also love that you are trying to find a way to still have sex. I couldn't give that up either! :laugh: