Totally strange question...

Options
Am I the only person on the planet that is exercising barefoot? I absolutely hate shoes and I have hated them since I was a child. When I have to go out I wear my Croc sandals that are open. Even in winter! I do my elliptical barefoot and have no problems and I also do DVD's of Zumba, pilates etc and I haven't had any problems. Am I just totally weird?? :blushing:

Replies

• kabullard
    kabullard Posts: 41
    Options
    ....nope, I do too :\ not sure how good it is for me, but I hate putting tennis shoes on when I'm not even going anywhere!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I don't wear shoes when i exercise!!:bigsmile:
  • melendy
    melendy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    maybe just on the crocs with no socks. lol j/k. Do what ya do girl. :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    hey to each their own...i was outside riding my bike in flip flops the other day, but i normally wear sneakers when working out
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks guys! I feel better knowing I am not the only one :laugh: My hubby was picking on me about it :grumble:
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love it.
    I do this as well when I am playing wii tennis and boxing.
    Be careful when using the gym stuff though!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't.. I find I don't put as much into it when I am wearing tennis shoes. My feet just don't wanna move.. So barefoot I am...
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes and I do p90x. I hope it's not a bad thing. :smile:
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I only wear shoes if I'm exercising outside of my home! Otherwise you can bet I am barefoot! I hate shoes lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,177 Member
    Options
    Hey if you can do it, go for it. There is no rule that you have to wear shoes. Some people will say you have to, I do because I like the support they give, but my wife hates shoes so I know what things are like for you.
  • jenluvs2sing
    jenluvs2sing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish my floor allowed me to exercise with no shoes, I'm in the process of refinishing and right now I have an old tile floor that needs to be replaced, lots of broken bits. I found the steadiest place to work out on.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do my kettlebell dvd's barefoot and some of the p90x dvd's barefoot. My cardio machine has grips on the foot pads that hurt if I go barefoot.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like with the shoes on I can't get the right grip either (I know-sounds backwards) but you can't really "feel" the floor and your foot position as well. Did that sound like a good reason? LOL!:laugh:
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    shoes only when I exercise outside. at home only in socks. heck, I even teach my Zumba class in socks. LOL =^_^=
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    what about those shoes that have the toes? Ive seen a couple people at my gym with them on. There supposed to be like your barefoot.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i only put on shoes if im going outside and sometimes esp in the summer you will find me strolling around outside with no shoes on i love going barefoot , shoes and socks just annoy me lol
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred barefoot. But I walk in my Chacos....
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Hip Hop Abs and strength training barefoot at home. I figure if it's not high impact, no reason that you have to wear shoes. I am barefoot most of the day at home, too. I just keep flip flops by all of my doors for going outside.
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG i hate being barefoot! lol. Even when I'm at home I at least have to have socks on. But I always figured I was the weird one!
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I must have shoes on at all times! I hate being barefoot unless I am sleeping! I even have slippers that are hard on the bottom like shoes but there not...