Does P90 work?

Options
Hi. So I've seen people posting about P90, but has anyone had results? Has anyone been able to get rid of their mommy belly or at least slim it down considerably? I would also love to tone my arms and legs, but that might be asking for too much. Do I have to buy anything besides the dvd's and a HRM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have not done it, but everyone I know that has done it has had really good results...
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 2. It's really not too bad so far. The jumping and hopping is tough for me (big boobs) but I love the kicking and punching! :happy: As for if it works or not....we'll see!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of week 5 of P90X.

I've lost 11 pounds so far and 2 inches off my waist.

If you do it, even modified (obviously pending dietary strictness), it can't not work.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Results come from hard work and eating good! THe program is great! It does not get you the results YOu have to go get them. It gives you the tools to get those results. What you put into something is what you will get out. Whether that is with eating good clean healthy foods or working out.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Like Pro said, you get out what you put in. My husband and I have had great results with Insanity and Power 90 (the original version). I have friends who have had amazing results with P90X. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, the program will guide you there. As for what else you need to purchase, the HRM isn't necessary but a helpful tool. You would eventually need the chin-up bar and the resistance bands if you don't have weights to use. Good luck!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding! This must be the real deal because I haven't heard anything negative about it. I'm thinking of trying the original version first and working my way up to the 90X. I have a feeling I will be placing an order within the next day cuz I'm kind of excited.... Thanks again!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did 6 weeks of P90 and it got me started and I enjoyed it for the first month. I did get bored with it after awhile especially since you do the same 2 workouts and just alternate them over and over. I switched to Chalean extreme 5 weeks ago and I am in LOVE with it. It seems harder to me and more designed for women. My close friend who got me into P90 and did P90 for almost 3 months just started Chalean Extreme this week and she also likes it much better. My husband on the other hand is still working hard on the P90 and has been for almost 3 months and he LOVES it. I see a big difference in him:-) It is all about preference and what you are looking for:-) Good Luck! I hope you find what you are looking for:-)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm using it now (about 1.5 weeks in) - it is a bit boring/repetitive since you use the same 2 workouts 6x a week, but it is effective, especially if you're not used to regular exercise.. if you are I'd recommend stepping up to p90x.

All you need are weights or a resistance band (go for the resistance band if you don't want to buy multiple weight sets). If you bring the motivation to do the workouts every day, you'll see results - I've started to already :)
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I ordered the 90 and I'll work my way up to 90X. I have to be realistic and I was afraid if I started with the 90X, it would be too much and I wouldn't stick with it. I think the 90 is difficult enough for me at this point. Thanks again!
  • swtboy722
    Options
    P90 works as long as you put in the effort and eat healthy. I'm on day 37 and I have lost 13 pounds already. Got to still motivated as the course will get boring.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Check out the before and after pics in his profile. That's from one full cycle on P90X. I think he only missed 2 days.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/oneelevenphoto
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90 as soon as I finish the 30 day shred, so 4 February I think. Then I'll either move to Insanity or P90x depending on how I go. P90 I think is going to be better for me to start with, the workouts are 38 minutes each (1 and 2) and 48 (3 and 4) so not too long. I understand the P90X workouts are longer and I'm not ready to commit that much time each day...YET.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    P90X worked for me, it is hard and at times it gets old but if you push through it and commit to it you'll be amazed at the results.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'd personally love to hear from Power 90 users rather than P90X if anyone has any experiences to share?