Weird.....

luckiarmywife
luckiarmywife Posts: 39
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
So this never happened before....I was working out, pretty hard, on the elliptical. I was getting to the end of my workout and I knew I was gonna have muscle failure. However, right beforehand, I got tingly all over and the chills...like cold....weird. Does anyone know what that was about? Then shortly after, muscle failure where I just couldn't go any further. Thanks! Sarah

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Are you hydrating enough... depending on how much you worked out, it could be dehydration.

Also what do you mean working out to muscle failure?
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Are you hydrating enough... depending on how much you worked out, it could be dehydration.

Also what do you mean working out to muscle failure?

Could also be low blood sugar. You may have burned out your energy reserves.
  • Sounds to me like you drained your self of energy and your blood pressure dropped a little too quickly. Happens to me occasionally, in my case its when I dont eat the right energy giving food. Hope that helps!!!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    So this never happened before....I was working out, pretty hard, on the elliptical. I was getting to the end of my workout and I knew I was gonna have muscle failure. However, right beforehand, I got tingly all over and the chills...like cold....weird. Does anyone know what that was about? Then shortly after, muscle failure where I just couldn't go any further. Thanks! Sarah

Why would you work to failure on an elliptical? -- you'll fall. Working to failure is for weightlifting, not cardio. Be careful please!
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Or electrolytes. Were you sweating a lot? If so, were you replacing your sodium/potassium, along with your water?
  • Sounds to me like you drained your self of energy and your blood pressure dropped a little too quickly. Happens to me occasionally, in my case its when I dont eat the right energy giving food. Hope that helps!!!
  • I agree thats what happens to me when my blood pressure all of a sudden drops my blood pressure drops alot when I don't eat enough or don't eat breakfast
  • You may be pushing yourself too hard hun, be careful.
  • The blood pressure scenario sounds probably right! The bigger I have gotton over the years, the higher my bp has become. Im also hypoglycemic...so it could have been blood sugar too. Thanks everyone! Muscle failure is a term I often hear my husband saying. He is active duty Army and always does PT every morning till muscle failure is reached...which means, your physically unable to push through the pain anymore and your muscles fail to go anymore. Im trying not to do this often bc of lacticasidoses or however you spell it...lol Im gonna hydrate and think about not doing that anymore...lol
This discussion has been closed.