Can anyone say "veggies"?

Options
bjshields
bjshields Posts: 677 Member
Okay, this is driving me NUTS!! I love this site and love all my MFP.com pals, but it's making me CRAZY to see people under (sometimes way, WAY under) their calorie counts who are not eating ANY veggies or fruits!

PLEASE people, eat your veggies! Your mama told you so, and for once she was RIGHT. Veggies have a high water content, lots of fiber, nutrients you cannot get in a pill, all kinds of stuff that has been given to us to be a blessing and a gift to our bodies and our health. They're naturally low in calories and high in all the good stuff your body needs.

Okay, sorry. I am officially coming down off my soapbox now; I need a drink. (And yes, red wine is good for you!)

Replies

• brandonsmommy2006
    Options
    Love it! Sooooooooo true. *like*
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Yep! Couldn't agree more!!!!!
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    hey you! look at the nutritional info of a parsnip! it took me over my calorie goal today.*shakes fist*
    :cry:
  • brandonsmommy2006
    Options
    hey you! look at the nutritional info of a parsnip! it took me over my calorie goal today.*shakes fist*
    :cry:

Yeah, and "bananas are sooo high in carbs, I refuse to eat them!"
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I thought you were wondering is anyone could pronounce the word "veggies". :laugh:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    plaintans are worse than bananas (and thats BEFORE you fry them lol) just saying..

anyway, eat your veggies! now!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I must say there are some fruits like Oranges and Bananas that I can only eat so little ofbecause of the sugar spike, I would rather not eat them at all.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Pineapples, too.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Does vodka count as a vegetable?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    No, but I would SWEAR merlot counts as a "fruit"! :laugh:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Does vodka count as a vegetable?

Of course, thats my Friday veggie!

But, seriously, I eat a lot of veggies, cant be without my corn and tomatoes...
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Amen to that sista! :wink: