Join me in the 30 day shred challenge

Options
Ange_
Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
I've just ordered the 30 Day Shred workout DVD.
I'd love some other people to do this with. I can't start straight away as i won't get the order until about a week.

Who is up for it?
If you'd like to join me add me as a friend and let me know.

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Im in,I just ordered mine too,so Im in the same waiting boat as you.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mine is also out on a UPS truck somewhere!! LOL
    I saw a post wheresome are starting on April 1st. Add me, when we start together. I'm a tad nervous, I've read it was hard, but worth it!
  • Twanna69
    Twanna69 Posts: 8
    Options
    How funny my church member just gave this dvd to me on Sunday. It is by Jillian Michaels. Lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. I am willing to do it, I will wait for you guys.
  • Ange_
    Options
    That is awesome. Everyone shout out the minute you have your video. I'll probably be the slowest as i'm living in a remote place in Australia so post takes a while - but i did order it from an Australian supplier.

I just looked it up and apparently equipment wise we need hand weights and if your going to do it on a hard surface than a yoga mat so be best all get that organised as well.

I read somewhere there is skipping involved - i don't have a very high roof though and nowhere does it say you need a jump rope so hopefully that was miss-information. Does anyone know?
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Yes on the weights and mat if you'd like..no acutal jump rope as they do the motions..I just completed my first day today, it was a little tough for me, but I'm new at exercise.
  • ambie35
    Options
    Haven't heard anything about any skipping,but there is jumping involved I'm pretty sure.
    I am getting my hand weights back from my moms tomorrow,I think there 2 lb weights,but they might be 5 not sure. Either way Im sure adding any weight to it is upping the challenge.
    Do you have a HRM your going to calculate your calories with? I just got one today.
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had actually planned on starting on April 1st so this is great, I'm doing the Zumba dvd's right now and wanted to switch it up.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    It is 5 lb weights, but I did it with 2lb and felt the burning in my back so I thought it was working something. Its not skipping but "butt kicks" to me its like jogging in place, but she wants you to get your leg up toward your behind as much as you can. Low ceilings should still be doable. Good Luck Ladies~
  • ambie35
    Options
    It is 5 lb weights, but I did it with 2lb and felt the burning in my back so I thought it was working something. Its not skipping but "butt kicks" to me its like jogging in place, but she wants you to get your leg up toward your behind as much as you can. Low ceilings should still be doable. Good Luck Ladies~

Think there were some "buttkicks" involved in the "last chance workout" -which I did twice 3 years ago. Yuck. Ohwell,I have a lot more willpower this time around.
  • Ange_
    Options
    I've been doing zumba too!
    Also want to switch although i might do both after the 30 days of shred to keep it interesting as well as going to the gym and doing sport. I get bored easily.
  • Ange_
    Options
    I also order a HRM which will also take about a week to get. It will be interesting to see how many calories can be lost doing it as i hear it is quite a quick workout each day (20-30 mins?).
  • LeMastermom
    Options
    I'll play :)

I have started it back in July and again in November did it for 2+ weeks then life got inthe way , no excuse I know but .. I need some motivation/accountability so i'd love to play along with you guys :) Ive already got my disc so just let me know when to start
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday.
    Oh boy i am feeling it!
    Going to go do my second workout now :)
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine just came in the mail today! I'm excited to try it!
  • Ange_
    Options
    Does everyone now have all their gear to do this?
    If so how about we start on the 1st of April.

I got mine yesterday and was too excited to leave it be - so tried it. Seemed not that hard the first level to be honest although it didn't burn as many calories as i thought it was supposed to.
    Anyway i do another 30 days on it starting 1st of April hopefully with you all.

I'm interested how many calories do you guys get on the first level? I got 214 cal which is about the same number as i'd do in the gym doing cardio fpr the same amount of time. Perhaps i just need to work harder at it. Also i didn't have real hand weights. I'm going to borrow my boyfriends but he hadn't got around to giving them to me so instead i filled up 2 x 1L waterbottles with sand which ended up weighing 1kg each. It doesn't say on the DVD how heavy the weights should be. Although i did feel my arms burning when i did the excercise.

So that is my other question - how heavy weights do you use?
  • karafortenberry
    karafortenberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th day of the 30 day shred and as intense as it is, I LOVE it! I use 2 pound weights when I do it. My sister and I are doing it together and we had seen where people were saying it is actually 27 min. long so we timed it and sure enough it was so we were burning more calories than we thought(:
  • ambie35
    Options
    I got mine today!
    Im going to do the first day or two (we'll see how sore I am ) without weights and then add them in. I was told your supposed to use 5 pound weights but I think the ones Im going to borrow from my mom are 3 pounds. Oh well.