Best Ab Workout??

Options
What are the best exercises- DVD, Wii or opinion for your abs? I have belly fat I really, really want to get rid of. Is JM 30 day shred the way to go?

Thank you!

Replies

• gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    you can do 1000 crunches a day it's not going to get you abs.

diet + cardio = lower bodyfat which in turn = abs.

work on your diet first.
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    I love the Ab Ripper 100/200 by Tony Horton (creator of P90X). It is fast, it gets all your abs, and it is very effective!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio and more cardio. I figured out that I've always had abs, they were just tucked away under the fat. Core work will strengthen your abs to keep them more "tucked in" but I haven't found anything that works one specific spot.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    you can do 1000 crunches a day it's not going to get you abs.

diet + cardio = lower bodyfat which in turn = abs.

work on your diet first.

Yes. Ab work is the single lowest calorie burn I know. Burn calories and keep your diet 100 clean - no junk, no cheats. I would just do core stabilizing exercises such as plank and side plank at this point in your journey to keep your core (including lower back) nice and healthy.
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    Hi.

I am on my second week of P90x. I think it works pretty well. The most importannt thing is the diet. You can train all you want, if you don't eat right, it won't work. I know, because I have tried so many workouts in my gym carreer. And I think for the first time, I will get ripped without even going to a gym. All I use is HomeGym material.

Regards,
    Timmy
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump for read later
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    Turbo Fire Abs 10! It's a killer!!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There's no exercise for better abs unless the layer of fat has been removed first, as said before - "eat less, exercise more" My goal this year is to see my abs! Not easy, or else we'd all have six-packs :wink:
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't expect this many response so quickly! Thank you!

I have been watching my diet so apparently I am on the right track there. I do at least an hour of cardio every day and I actually like planks, side planks not so much.

It appears patience, which is a virtue I do not possess, is the key here.

Thank you again!
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Gazbo is right....best way to get your abs is a balanced program of nutrition and exercise.
    A diet high in lean proteins and whole grains will help you build lean muscle, cardio exercise burns the fat, and a muscle building workout program developes the muscles. You can't have 1 without the other.

After saying all of that. I would highly recommend Rev Abs as a program to do in order to develop your abs. It is a dvd program taught by the new coach on the Biggest Loser. Awesome program! Feel free to message me if you want more info on it or to chat about what you can do to acheive your goals! :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    JM has 6 Week Six-Pack & i LOVE it!
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    if you are good at cardio, you could switch to HIIT (high intensity interval training). speeds up your metabolism like hell.
  • katcena
    Options
    Turbo Fire Abs 10! It's a killer!!

Did TurboFire Core 20 yesterday....love being able to feel my abs after a good workout....20 more pounds to lose and I think I will see them too! lol
  • katcena
    Options
    if you are good at cardio, you could switch to HIIT (high intensity interval training). speeds up your metabolism like hell.

Sure does! I'm doing TurboFire and it has the Hiit classes. Dropped over 5 pounds in the last 12 days! :)
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Diet Diet Diet. That is the answer for abs. However once you're eating right and burning the fat I use these DVD for Tony Horton's one on ones.

Abripper x and abripper mc3, medicineball core/cardio, killer abs, 10 minute ab crushers. Also there are many exercises that you use your core and this strenghtens your abs too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to supplement my Insanity Cardio Abs workout with Ab Ripper X now...

On topic, cardio supplemented with a clean diet is the only thing that will burn off fat. Ab workouts will make the muscles stronger and more prominent, but the fat that rests on top of them won't go away simply by doing ab routines.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I agree, it begins with our food choices. I only get in one or two ab sessions per week.
  • jenluvs2sing
    jenluvs2sing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've done the P90 Ab Ripper 100, definitely a good start. Zumba does amazing things for your abs, I was sore in places I'd never felt before. If you're eating right and doing your cardio doing an ab routine can only help, I think what everyone else is trying to say is that an ab workout alone isn't going to get any results, but again, sounds like you're already on the right track so pick a workout and go with it! I have an old Kathy Smith ab workout that is ridiculously hard, it's an ab and thigh workout that definitely works. Good luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I had a trainer once who had me do this roughly every other day:

30 regular crunches
    30 bicycle crunches (once on each side = 1 crunch)
    30 reverse crunches

Rest,...

30 reverse crunches
    30 bicycle crunches
    30 regular crunches

It's a real bear at first but it will get your abs nice and strong in a hurry.
  • ajrpotter
    Options
    you know what the best ab workout is... the push up!.. it works your core just as much as your upper body because you are in a plank position the whole time, just keep your core tight and solid during the push ups.. and you wont need to do crunches!