SO MAD AY MYSELF!!!!

Options
cath1024
cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
I have just started this program last week and things were going good and i thought wow this is going to be easy.
Well today i had absolutly no self control and had a peanut butter cookies, 2 handfuls of cheezies and my kids begged me for mcdonalds tonight so i treated them and we get home i open the bag and find an extra large fries in there (ok i ordered it) and ate them!!

I am feeling just sick that i did this and its only just the beginning for me - i feel like i am not going to be able to do this.

I will admit i am a junk food junky and have no portion control - i eat way too much and yes this is why i weigh 178 lbs.

I realy want to change but another problem for me is i am not a veggie and fruit eater - never have been (bad i know) and this has to change for me to get down to get anywhere near where i want to be at 150 lbs.

Please give me suport in telling me i can do this - I am going to keep trying.

I do a challenging boot camp twice a week and walk on my treadmill everyday for 40 mins on incline - its my eating that is killing me!

Thanks for letting me vent

Replies

• amiez
    amiez Posts: 8
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I don't enjoy fruits and vegetables either but 2 years ago I lost 23% of my body weight. YOU CAN DO IT. I have gained some back and am now working to lose that weight.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hey.. we all have hard times. The important thing is that you recognize it, and pick yourself back up and start again. One day will certainly not kill you. You really have to want it. That's what i'm finding out. You just have to accept that you will have good and bad days. You can not beat yourself up over it or you'll just give up altogther. Smile! Atleast you are trying which is more than I can say for most people I know!
  • mnromero
    mnromero Posts: 9
    Options
    We all have good days and bad ones...don't let it get you down. I am totally in the same boat as you but we have to train ourselves to start eating the veggies and fruits so we CAN get to our goals! Don't give up...you CAN do this!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Rome wasnt built in a day. Its not easy, trial and error. You will get better if you want to get better. Stick with it
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    I think that we all have setbacks, but as long as you keep going forward you can and will get to your goals! Do you like salads? I only started this last week really, but eating alot of salads has helped me. Not boring salads either! I put fish, grilled chicken, lots of veggies...Anything that I think will be yummy. I also drink lots of water! I know if I can do it, you can too! Don't be mad at yourself, just do a little better everyday and you will be so proud of yourself in the end!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The first thing to do is stop being angry with yourself. It'll stop you making calm rational decisions about what to do, and it doesn't help anyone. OK, you've made some mistakes - work with yourself to prevent it in the future.

You've been doing this a single week. Nobody learns portion control and evasion of binging in a single week, or we'd probably all be thin!

The good thing is you're not going to give up. Each time you get something wrong, something in you will learn from it a tiny bit more than last time, and hopefully the relationship with food will change - slowly but surely. Binges will get further and fewer between. Make a note of it to check. As you make the connection that binges = a lot of pain and not much associated happiness, you'll get better and better at it.

I'm not done yet. I occasionally binge. But nowhere near as frequently as I used to, and on less each time. This is NOT something you learn overnight, so go easy on yourself.
  • garreltsnk
    Options
    It's okay. You just pick yourself up, and go on. I love food. So it's hard not just go thru and order anything I want. I do treat myself thou. I went to Berger King, and ordered a Whopper Jr. and Fries. Then I ate light for my other meal. I was steal under my calorie intake. I don't think I could do diets without some junk food. I just monitor what and how much I eat.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I believe that everyone here has been guilty of this at least once so don't be too hard on yourself.
    And don't try to work it all off in one shot just do a little extra every day and the most important thing is to
    get back on track.
    Remember that it's not how many times you fall but rather how many times you get up that matters.

Good luck to you in this journey.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Just remember to start fresh immediately! ALL is not lost! I've adopted that mindset and it helps me to not throw the towel in!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I put this on a blog awhile ago and thought it was appropriate here. Just remember you don't have to change everything at once!! Layer in the changes until you are comfortable with them, then add in another one. It's a marathon, not a sprint!!

"...everybody on this planet has the ability to think this through and then make a decision to change, and all it takes is that decision. From this moment on “I WILL!” is the mantra. There will be times you slip and times you don’t do what you’re supposed to but as long as that decision has been made, you KEEP moving forward towards your dream. You haven’t failed if you miss a goal, you can only fail when you STOP moving forward. NOTHING is ever accomplished in one day."
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over something you can't change. You can't go back in time. But you can do more to burn off the calories. Go for a half hour brisk walk, and you'll at least pretty much "undo" those cookies & cheezies.

And as far as fruits and veggies... try new things. I'm not a big fan of apples unless they're in a pie or dipped in caramel. But I like strawberries & oranges.

I never thought I liked veggies, but saute some baby spinach with sundried tomatoes and baby bella mushrooms, serve it over a little pasta topped with some crumbled feta cheese and I'm in hog heaven.
  • tomjenn
    tomjenn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up!! What I learned a year ago by trying to take the strictly healthy route is that your body craves some of the bad things that we are told we shouldn't have. If you have a splurge day once in awhile it's ok - sometimes we need that, your body needs that. For me, it just means I work alittle harder the rest of the week at watching what I eat and trying to exercise alittle more. You will find a routine that works for you, a balance between what you eat and how much you eat.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have just started this program last week and things were going good and i thought wow this is going to be easy.

It's NOT easy. If it were everyone would do it so you just hang in there and let the guilt go. Remember how good those fries tasted and then remember WHY they taste so good LOL!!! My weight loss has been so slow and I got discouraged but now it seems that this is just the way I eat now. Maybe the slow loss for me has been a blessing in disguise because it has forced me to absolutely change the way I eat and even think about food. So find your blessing and hang in with all of us. This site is SO SO helpful and the people on here are such great support. REMEMBER: 20 PERCENT EXERCISE, 80 PERCENT FOOD. (or thereabouts :)
  • camour37
    camour37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wew! I just want to say, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) We can do this together Cath. I used to eat a lot of bread and potatos. Until I read somewhere if you add color to your food it becomes more exciting to eat. So now I look at fruits and vegetables differently. Now I crave color with every meal. Breakfast I add grapes or an orange, lunch - side salad and sandwich, dinner - I cook what I like and add color (side salad, fruit side or vegetable medley with lite sprinkle cheese). The good news...my kids love it too. It's all about adding a little sprinkle of cheese to the vegetables. LOL

PS: It's ok to have a large fry once in a while. :) just add some fruit on the side.
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Oh....I have a weakness for McDs fries! Just the smell of them...YUM! It's ok...tomorrow is a new day, Clean Slate!
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. No self control whatsover! My husband brought me home a chocolate bar and I ate all 500 calories of it. :(
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating junk food, I practically live on it and I lost 2.3 lbs last week. The key is keeping inside your daily calorie goal. Sure I could probably be doing better if I cut out most of the junk food, but I'm happy as I am and as I get healthier I'll probably review what I'm eating and start to make changes.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sounds cheesy, but just keep calm and carry on. We all have our moments...the ones we wish we could erase - but if you just accept that it's done and commit to re-committing yourself you'll be fine :) It's a process, a lifelong one and no one is perfect and we're all just human. Dust yourself off, get back up and start again :) You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up! Get up and try again!

Make sure you are eating enough and spread your meals out throughout the day! I follow the BMR guidelines at fat2fitradio.com and I am eating 1900 calories a day and still losing weight. It's not fast weight loss but I am never hungry and I lose about a lb a week! I also walk 5 miles to work so I know that helps ;)

Try to find really tasty substituted for foods. I love mac and cheese and I love to eat a LOT of it (I don't want three noodles as a serving LOL). Turns out there is a really good mac and cheese recipe here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/macaroni-and-4-cheeses-recipe/index.html

I added a little more salt than the recipe called for and just a bit more cheese (maybe 1/4 of a cup extra) and it's even more delicious! It's not nearly as many calories as regular mac and cheese!

If you can find good substitutions it'll help you feel like you're not dieting and you can still enjoy food. Once in a while let yourself have a treat. Don't say "NEVER" to those mcdonald's fries or you'll buckle and just beat yourself up about it when you do give in. Maybe just don't get the extra large size and then walk a little extra that day or something. And only do it once in a while.

KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO IT! :D
  • iamvillanueva
    Options
    I don't think I could resist an "extra" order of fries either! But, hey, the days not over yet. Get back on that treadmill and burn off those cookies!