Military Deployment

Options
Hello All...

I found a post for Military Spouses, but it's about 6 months old...so I thought I would post a new one.

I have been dating this great guy (he's in the Air Force) and he deployed today for Afghanistan for the next 8 months!!

I was just hoping to find others ina similar situation...for support. (This is our first deployment together)

Now I'm trying to lose about 60 lbs before he gets back. He loves me just the way I am, but I want to surprise him and do it for myself.

Add me if you like...Thanks!

Replies

• Liliasmama
    Options
    My hubby is air force also! He got back from his last deployment in December, so glad to have him back! Good luck with the deployment and the weight loss!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    While I'm not a military spouse or gf....I have family and many friends serving. Thank you for your sacrifice as well as his. *hugs*
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    Army wife here, going through our first deployment. Thankfully it is almost over!!

I am trying to lose as much weight as possible before he comes home. On R&R I had lost 17 pounds and when he hugged me he was all "where did you go?? What did you do with my baby girl" Gave me a great feeling! Been working out since then and I'm FINALLY back to that 17 pound loss...so now I'm working on the rest to get the same reaction at the Welcome Home Ceremony. :)

Feel free to add me if you want :) Good luck!
  • jwagner0502
    Options
    I have a friend that just got back from Korea a month ago and now is being deployed again. Just keep positive thoughts.
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi there I have a best friend who's husband has been deployed for most of their marriage, missed the birth of their children and has now been home for a few months. It isn't easy, but talking on the phone really helped them. I am sure you dropping some weight will surprise him! Especially if you don't tell him you are going to do it! I think that sounds like a lot of fun! You can count down the days AND the pounds together! Make sure to reward yourself with a sexy outfit for the homecoming! :) Good luck best wishes and as said by someone else Thank You for your sacrifices for our country! :)
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am a Veteran and former active duty spouse and I know the feeling. A salute for his service and dedication to protecting our country.

This is definitely a great place to keep you busy and motivated!
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Thank you all...I will pass on your Thank You's to him and everyone there with him! I'm sure they will appreciate it!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There was another thread similar to this that I jumped on a couple of weeks ago, and I'll jump on this one, too! :) Actually 90% of my MFP friends have come from that thread. It's nice to be around people in similar circumstances. My husband joined the Army less than a year ago. He just got finished with all of his inital training in Nov. That's when we moved to TX. He deploys shortly.
  • lmprice
    lmprice Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going through the same thing... but she is my girlfriend. She is deploying in May but this is our second deployment...
  • lanasimm
    lanasimm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently deployed and I had the same fitness goal!! I'm about 40lbs down and I have 3 months to go so I hope I can hit that 60lb mark as well. I think a deployment is the best time to make eating habit changes because you are just cooking for yourself!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    m husband is deployed as well and this is our 1st one as well we are 6 months in and I want to lose the rest of my weight befor he gets home in the next 6 if you need anything send me an e-mail I might beable to help or just understand how you feel that helps to
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My husband is thankfully home right now but we've been though 3 deployments (5 for him, 2 before we got together). The first day and week are the hardest for me. It never gets easy when they're gone but it does become more manageable most of the time