Disappointed in myself...

Options
I found a mini m&m on the table that my kids had apparently overlooked and I picked it up and I ATE it! And I LIKED it! And now I am beating myself up over eating one little old mini m&m...it wasn't even a regular one but a baby one, LOL! This guilt thing sucks! And what's worse - how in the heck do I figure out how many calories to log for that?!? OY! :noway:

Replies

• hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Aw I wouldn't bother logging it really - can't be many cals shouldn't make a difference.
    You are being quite hard on yourself. (I should know that is one of my specialities according to my friends!
    A lot of experts recommend the 80/20 rule - that if you are careful 80% of the time you can allow for 20% of relaxed eating?

Hannah
  • carolsohn
    carolsohn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Search "M&M Fun size snack pack" in the food database. It's just 90 calories. One indulgence is OK! Just go run it off so you know not to do it next time :P
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I understand fully!!! My boyfriend left a chip bag on the table and it wasn't anything but crumbs in there... and yep... I ate them,... and felt bad about it afterwards! SMH!!!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm not sure how you log a single m&m mini, but there's no reason to beat yourself up for liking something that's been made deliberately to taste good. It's probably only a couple of calories though.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    One package of the Mini M&Ms is only 70 calories, so you are looking (at MAX) at 2 calories for that little bitty piece. Cut yourself some slack and go get a real snack, please. Don't feel guilty about enjoying candy. I budget into day if I feel like eating it, and I've lost 115 pounds (my counter is in kilos, fyi).
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If it was only one of those little M&M's you probably burned the calories off typing your post! I think you are good to go!
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    I still <3 you, dawn. Don't beat yourself up over it. Take a walk around the block and it'll be like it never happened.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If it was only one of those little M&M's you probably burned the calories off typing your post! I think you are good to go!

THIS is why I love this place! LOL!!!
  • centralvalgal
    centralvalgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree don't beat yourself up. You are in your lifetime going to eat things you should not. Do 20 jumping jacks or run in place for 5 minutes to balance out the calories. You will fill so much better. I just ate 1/2 a donut and was feeling all ugly about myself when I read your post . It helped remind of what I needed to do when I don't make the best choice. I would have rather eaten the M & M I don't even like donuts. Take care and have a great day.
  • dixiechicdana
    Options
    okay well ... 1.08 ounces is a whopping 150 calories...not that bad even if you ate the whole thing. I don't think I wouldn't even count the little M&M. If I want a small piece of chocolate, I am having one. I just don't believe in those restrictive diets. This has to be a life change and to cut out everything is not going to work. Dark chocolate is the best for you as chocolate goes. It lowers high blood pressure but you have to take it into your calorie count. It is also rich in anti oxidants.

Be easier on yourself. I am sure you are doing fine :)
  • chrystal86
    Options
    dont feel bad i enjoy snacks on the weekends but make sure to go back to the plan on monday. i had a small piece of birthday cake and i felt like it was treat. not one once of guilt.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Forget it! You're not being obsessive - it takes 'dedication' to get results, I hammer myself at cardio after misbehaving... I can't do the gym for a month after a squash/racketball injury ten days ago, so I hit the road/trail as much as I can...
  • spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    do 3 jumping jacks and consider the m&m gone
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't beat myself up over one little baby M&M. It's not worth logging or trying to work off as long as you don't make a habit outta finding little pieces of candies and eating them I think you will be okay! Live a little! LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    do 3 jumping jacks and consider the m&m gone

lol I was going to say that.
  • ezgoingal2
    Options
    What mini M&M?????:tongue:
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Thanks guys! You made my day :flowerforyou: