Disappointment...

Options
I would like to thank everyone for support in the time I've been on this site, but I have decided that this is not the best way for me to become the healthier person that I want to be. I have seen people half my size obsessing over eating the smallest of "splurges", complaining about how they aren't meeting their expectations fast enough, weighing in way too much and worrying about the scale instead of how they feel and how clothes fit, etc. I could really go on and on. While not everyone on here is this way, I have found it to be more disheartening and the opposite of motivation for me. I wish everyone well on their life changing, getting healthy journey.

Replies

• mfergie889
    Options
    Why dont you just delete all your friends and just continue to log for your own benefit? To me it sounds like there is something else going on there.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about possibly defriending the ones that are bringing you down? I hate to see someone leave, but I understand you have to do what is good for you though...Good luck to you on your journey!
  • RTrick16
    RTrick16 Posts: 1
    Options
    fergie is right lol
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you feel this way, but you have to do what's right for you. Have you thought of just deleting all the friends (or just the ones that are disheartening to you), and using it on your own, just to keep track of everything and keep yourself going? That was my initial intent, but have slowly added a friend here and there, but I was perfectly happy being "in my own little world" and tracking by myself. Best of luck to you, whatever way you decide to go!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    or even create a new user account and keep it private.

I do understand though - there are days where I really just have to stay off the forums and keep to myself.

Good luck on whatever path you choose =)
  • lwyz_smln
    lwyz_smln Posts: 46
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I think it's just been a very emotional path for me. I don't want to end up like all these people with such horrible body images and concepts of what they think is healthy and right. Maybe I will first try a little "cleaning up" and much less forum reading and see how that goes.
  • SLwrites
    SLwrites Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just joined today, but I notice from your signature that we have pretty similar weight goals. Maybe we could be friends here and encourage each other, since we both have a long way to go? Heck, I won't even hold it against you that you're ten years younger than me :happy: