NEEDED: HIGH CALORIE BURNING DVD WORKOUT

Options
I already have a good strength training program so I do not want to do the PX90 or any of the jillian or bob dvds but I am looking for a great calorie burner as an alternative to running!! With the summer heat and humidity already coming, running will be a challenge unless I wake up with the sun...and honestly I can't.

Suggestions Please!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Billy Blanks Cardio Inferno.
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba! It's so much fun that you don't even know you're working out and it burns a crazy amount of calories if you really go all out with the movements.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I second Zumba or if you have a Wii or something like that try Just dance.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Zumba! Great burn and so much fun!!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam - I burn 400 - 500 calories from a 40 minute workout.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    INSANITY.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Zumba or Dance Central for Kinect is great!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    INSANITY.

Ditto.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I know you said you dont want a jillian or bob workout but Jillian Michael 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' is just cardio and it BURNS calories! 50 minutes and I weight 138 and today I burned 463 calories.
  • mommy2josh
    Options
    Billy Blanks bootcamp is great for cardio with strength, it includes the weighted resistence bands.
  • karahainge
    karahainge Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks is the one...any Tae Bo work out. You can burn up to 650 an hour - it's a really awesome all over body burn and easy to moderate difficulty coordination wise.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Zumba! It's so much fun that you don't even know you're working out and it burns a crazy amount of calories if you really go all out with the movements.

ZUMBA----rific! Just love it, and it will burn up the calories. I also own Biggest loser cardio max, which is good, or turbo jam~! Good luck. My fav is my zumba though.:smile:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire...it's fun too!
  • kka10
    kka10 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't realize jillian had other dvds too...I'll look into this one.
  • kkwheelz
    kkwheelz Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also a runner but hate having to hit the treadmill when the weather is bad. I bought the zumba dvd on zumba.com and love it (around $40 I think). it's not as high cardio as running for 45 mninutes but i'm working my abs and core more as I'm doing it and judging from how much I sweat I am sure I am buring calories. It's easy and it's lots of fun...a nice mix to weight training and running! note: i am not a dancer so I had to take advantage of the instructional vidoes in order to get a good workout. went through it twice and then I was able to jump right in.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is fun, intense and will burn some serious calories. I easily burn 500-600 in 45 minutes doing these workouts.
  • philcoulthurst
    philcoulthurst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you want a serious high calorie burning workout. Search for Arnel Ricafranca and the 1000 calorie workout challenge
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Insanity I will burn anywhere from 650-900 calories in 45 min.
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Youtube Tabata workouts and HIIT workouts.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yes i would try 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' great calorie burn with no strength! i love it!